Hacking Pokemon Fire Red problem on the GBA Emu

Korbra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I've got the Official DSTwo plugin GBA Emulator and I'm trying to play Pokemon Fire Red. When you first start it up, it says "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed". One site was talking about my exact problem on a different emulator and said to change the save type to flash 128k and it should work. So I did more searching and found another message board that linked to the game_config.txt and said it should fix the problem. Well I already have the latest game_config.txt in the root of my minisd and checked to make sure that FireRed was listed with a 128k save. No effect. A couple of forums mentioned save patches but if you scroll down, people replied to the thread saying the patch didn't work. Finally, I saw that some people ignore the message and use save states to get through the game but then when they get to the Elite 4 it restarts so I don't want to do that. Anyways, any help is appreciated.

edit: This is my exact problem except I'm obviously not using the VBA or whatever he is using, I'm using the GBA Emu on the DSTwo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fczh_1qrAY

edit2: I've done some more messing around. LeafGreen opens and saves without any of the error messages. It has no problem making a 128k .sav. The game_config.txt stuff is exactly the same for both games, so I don't know what the deal is. For some reason firered always has the sub-circuit board message and attempts to make a 64k .sav. I tried renaming the leafgreen sav as a firered just to see what would happen and that didn't do anything either.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
surprised no one has answered this yet, it's simple:

First, you need to download v1.21 of NDSGBA and extract the files to the root of your microsd card (an older version, so don't update it). Then, download game_config.txt and put that txt file in your microsd's NDSGBA folder.

they should both work fine

voice-echoed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed your steps sand it didin`t fix anything..... I put the game config.txt in the root of my ndsgba folder and started up fire red and still have the same problem....???

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
deleting de .sav already created?
Hey, talking about this... I can't find any answer to this from very long time... I have Pokemon RojoFuego (Pokemon FireRed Spanish) and I'm trying to run it on VBAGX but it says that the game is broken and can't save... working on others emulator... have anyone found how to fix this?

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA,

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Q: Why does the game give me a 1M sub circuit error?
A: It means you SRAM patch the game with a SRAM patching tool that doesn't support save sizes of 1M. You will have to use another SRAM patching tool.
If you didn't do anything to the rom and this is how it was when you downloaded it, it means you got a dirty rom that was incorrectly patched.

---

If your using the emulator, you need to likely change the settings. Someone already posted how above.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup