Gaming Pokemon Emerald Causes Gameboy Advance SP to not boot after battery replacement.

Coolperez8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I basically had a Pokemon Emerald cartridge, I was using a CR 2025 battery, I originally did this with Pokemon Ruby and had no problems, I had my Pokemon Emerald cartridge's battery dead, so I replaced it, on the first attempt, I didn't screw in the screw and booted the game, it worked but reported the battery ran dry, so I took it apart yet again, got some copper wiring, and noticed that the circuit wasn't properly connecting, so I stripped the insulation off, coiled it up, and put it in between the loose connectors, then closed it without screwing it in, and then inserted it into the Gameboy Advance SP, it fit well into the slot, but the Gameboy wouldn't turn on, so I removed the cartridge and it powered on fine, I turned it off and inserted the cartridge yet again and it still didn't turn on... how do I fix this?

AceyBwoi

Trophies
XP
Country
looks like something is short circuiting,
sounds like your fix is making your GBA crash
but as you said before you did anything to the game it booted but said drained battery
so whatever you did after that moving that coil or whatever,, messed up the cart
just a guess anyway..

Coolperez8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like something is short circuiting,
sounds like your fix is making your GBA crash
but as you said before you did anything to the game it booted but said drained battery
so whatever you did after that moving that coil or whatever,, messed up the cart
just a guess anyway..
I fixed it, I just had to remove the copper wire...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls