"Pokemon Centers" Coming to US GameStop Stores

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Tom Bombadildo, Nov 18, 2017.

1. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Tauros is a threat. Reckless+Life Orb will take a few 'mon to the Pokecenter, easily. Maybe it can't hang with a few bruisers, but it definitely can get an edge with 228 maxed speed.

2. SG854

SG854 Newbie

Feb 17, 2017
    United States
    Thats another thing they added in 2nd Gen hold items.

It wasn't top as it used to be. I think it was the strongest non legendary first gen, only outclassed by mew and mewtwo. I guess Taurus can still hang, but it has downgraded big time.

Just an example how the game changes. To non competitive players the game is the same every gen. To people who compete theres a whole battling system they can get into.

3. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    The biggest step-down from gen 1--Alakazam.

Competitive is a whole different beast. If you check out pokemonshowdown, you'll be surprised at what is and what isn't viable.

4. SG854

SG854 Newbie

Feb 17, 2017
    United States
    Pokeshowdown is a quick way to build teams and try them out. It basically makes the main games irrelevant to use. Only to use them for the better animated graphics.

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  5. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    what is t with people loving
    Pokemon
    its pure crap at its best ....

6. Condarkness

Condarkness GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2008
    United States
    From Lynnwood myself. I remember that though now I think there is still one in Bellevue
    From Lynnwood myself. I vaguely remember that, though I think it moved to Bellevue now.

7. smile72

smile72 NewsBot

Sep 23, 2010
    ???
    Definitely nope unless you count the Pokemon Gold and Silver digital download versions as retro than sure HOWEVER you can get lots of great plush toys and exclusive merchandise OF COURSE I don't mean Gamestop though...when I lived in the U.S. I visited between 20 to 25 gamestops...they are all too small to have ANYTHING decent. Unless of course they move their crappy overpriced used games...but then hey that's most of the store...but seriously since I have lived in Japan I have been to 5 or 6 Pokemon Centers...Sapporo, Yokohama, Ikebukuro, Tokyo Bay (not really in Tokyo; it's in Funabashi which is Chiba; it's in LaLaPort right by IKEA) and my favorite Tokyo Solamachi (Skytree) this one is so close to me I can walk to it and I do...I have been here maybe 50 or 70 times since it opened last year. I visited it when it was on the 5th floor. And I love it now when it's on the 4th floor right by Daiso so convenient as the escalator comes from Loft which my husband loves and if you go down an additional floor(2nd floor) its a short walk to Plaza which carries snoopy goods and Donguri kyowakoku which has so many goods from Studio Ghibli. Sorry for such a long post. I can't help but promote the Skytree and Sumida~!

8. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    you should share some pictures of it :D seems pretty fun

9. smile72

smile72 NewsBot

Sep 23, 2010
    ???
    The Pokemon Center or the Skytree? They are somewhat ordinary to me but I still love going to both I go to Solamachi maybe 4 to 8 times a month sometimes more but never more than 12 to 15.