"Pokemon Centers" Coming to US GameStop Stores

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Tom Bombadildo, Nov 18, 2017.

1. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Still nothing comparable in the UK :sad:

2. YTElias

YTElias Active

Aug 23, 2017
    Germany
    Germany
    I feel with you brother

3. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    I was gonna say try the website, but then I saw that they only ship to US territories. Not even Japan, which is surprising. That sucks, man :(

4. TobiasAmaranth

TobiasAmaranth GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2009
    United States
    Texas
  5. Rosieplier

Rosieplier Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    Australia
    no
    Are you serious? When is it coming to Australia!? It doesn't even ship here! What assholes..

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I'm okay with Pokemon fans getting nickel and dimed, they're clearly suckers if they keep buying the same game over and over again, often times two or three versions each.

Xzi likes this.
  7. Burlsol

Burlsol Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2015
    Unfortunately, this.

Gamestop as a company is in dire trouble. They've closed down most their stores, tried a few bad campaigns to drum up business to make up for most consoles going digital. First it was phone carriers, now it's this. I mean, in an alternate universe where Pokemon Go wasn't botched from update after update, this might have been their saving grace. But in our universe that trend died out too much for this to work.

8. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    I know right! The Liquid Voice Primarina would be awesome!

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  9. Marioyoshi64

Marioyoshi64 GBATemp's Favorite Random Phantom/Assassin/Senpai

Jun 17, 2017
    United States
    Everywhere
    time to waste all my money
    :switch:

10. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Will they sell those Mario/Luigi Pikachu plushes? They should. Those are the first ever doll-like merchandise I want to buy.

SSG Vegeta likes this.
  11. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    If there was any plushie I would like to own is the aloha region raichu :)

12. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Anyone who buys more than 1 version per generation is being stupid, you can spoof or trade for any Pokemon. I haven't bought a game since Silver though, didn't get back into the Pokemon games until much later (3DS), by which time it was way easier to gotta download 'em all. I don't feel bad about it with how much money I've given Nintendo overall, and I'll definitely buy Pokemon Switch, but FFS I hope it's not forced story-heavy like Sun/Moon just because those sold well. Worst of the game series IMO.

It's cute, but I definitely prefer Raichu's sharp edges. Was one of my favorites in gen1. Raichu is basically a thunder god like Raiden or Thor.

Last edited by Xzi, Nov 19, 2017
  13. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Every GAME store now has a dedicated Pokemon bay, the bigger the store the more merchandise.
    >Pokemon
    >Story

Pick one. :^)

14. Xzi

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    My point exactly. I play for the party-RPG elements, not to read forced cutscene conversations for half a game.

Last edited by Xzi, Nov 19, 2017
    Ryccardo likes this.
  15. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Wow, great news. I've really been looking for an outlet to waste more money on worthless crap. GameStop needs to be able to match Best Buy's GCU program and deals or they are toast.

16. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    except they are the same dam item! Beanbag chairs are called plushies in Japan. Same design and everything. hell, even the same pic is used with the girl sitting on them.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Best Buy no longer sells video games and home videos. yup my local best buys have been hit with the phase out best buy started in 2015. By end of 2018, all best buys will be back to selling electronics only.

17. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    No, they aren't. You said the Snorlax from JP was 19', the bean bag chair is a 4ft tall bean bag chair. Last I checked, 19' =/= 4ft.

18. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    ma plushes <3

19. Xzi

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Oh damn, I want that bean bag chair. Only problem is my cats would shred it in no time.

20. SG854

SG854 Newbie

Feb 17, 2017
    United States
    Story wise the sun and moon games made some minor tweaks to the formula, but is still largely the same. In Pokemon games the biggest changes are in the competitive battling as the game changes when they change/add mechanics, add new attacks, add new Pokemon every new generation.

2nd gen made one of the biggest changes with the special stat splitting to 2 separate stats, special attack and special defense. They also added Steel and Dark types that gen. 6th gen introduced Fairy types which downgraded Dragon types a bit. 3rd gen introduced poke abilities. So you have to readjust, change your strategy, and learn the new changes every new gen.

The Pokemon Tauros was once a top tier threat in 1st gen but now isn't as used as much in top tier teams because it just can't keep up with the newer Pokemon nowadays. This is just an example how the game changes over time.

I do think the Pokemon series needs a revamp. Something that pleases old fans but enough changes to make it different enough from older games, especially the story. I mean look at BOTW. That game was a huge revamp from traditional formula and yet that game was highly praised. So they can pull it off if done right.

Last edited by SG854, Nov 20, 2017