Gaming Pokemon Alpha Sapphire USA Serial Number?

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anybody confirm what the serial number is? According to 3ds.essh.com, it's ECLE, however I've downloaded two the ROM from two different, well respected sources, and both have ECLA, which is apparently the EU serial number. One source claimed the ROM was his own personal US dump, but it has the ECLA code.

The reason I ask is for the Maxsoft shiny Rayquaza event that's exclusive to USA/JP. I want to download a ROM from that region, claim the mystery gift, then transfer it to my retail Aus cart.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesnt matter what rom you use for ORAS/XY.
The region gets set to the region of your 3DS.

edit:
(I think you can use pkhex to edit the save file to change the region/location. havent tried it myself.)

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you mean the code printed on the front sticker?
because my european cart is ECLP-EUR

I'm guessing 3ds.essh.com has it mislabeled then.

It doesnt matter what rom you use for ORAS/XY.
The region gets set to the region of your 3DS.

edit:
(I think you can use pkhex to edit the save file to change the region/location. havent tried it myself.)

I specifically need a US or JP ROM though, as the offer is only valid to them. I know using a JPN cart does not change the game region to match the console, so I may just have to find a JPN dump and fumble my way through that.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm guessing 3ds.essh.com has it mislabeled then.

I specifically need a US or JP ROM though, as the offer is only valid to them. I know using a JPN cart does not change the game region to match the console, so I may just have to find a JPN dump and fumble my way through that.

As I said, using the japanese rom isnt gonna help you in any way.
I am using my personal europpean dump on my japanese console, and it starts up as japanese.

In pkhex there is an option to change location/region of the save. You might be able to obtain the event stuff that way.

The region is pretty much set in the save file. The rom itself is EXACTLY the same across all regions.

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As I said, using the japanese rom isnt gonna help you in any way.
I am using my personal europpean dump on my japanese console, and it starts up as japanese.

In pkhex there is an option to change location/region of the save. You might be able to obtain the event stuff that way.

The region is pretty much set in the save file. The rom itself is EXACTLY the same across all regions.

No luck there unfortunately. I tried changing my region to both US and JP, and both gave the same error. I guess I'm out of luck. I suppose I can always just PkHex one as close to legit as possible, but it's not the same.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No luck there unfortunately. I tried changing my region to both US and JP, and both gave the same error. I guess I'm out of luck. I suppose I can always just PkHex one as close to legit as possible, but it's not the same.
Maybe there is a legit wonder card for it :) or you could always request one over at project pokemon.

Reactions: bache

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe there is a legit wonder card for it :) or you could always request one over at project pokemon.

I had completely forgotten about the Wondercard feature of PkHex! As luck would have it, one was uploaded 10 hours ago.
I open the wondercard in PkHex, and then click save, however when I re-open the wondercard window, it appears that the setting didn't stick. Any clue what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Got it all sorted! Thank you for all of your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE