ROM Hack PokeGen

D

Deleted-236924

dragonkid6 said:
Also make sure the pokemon is caught in a Dream Ball.
It doesn't have to be a Dream Ball.
It can be any type of Poké Ball that is legally obtainable in-game.

keytheway123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tribute said:
Ok where can i upload .pkmn files for you guys to check them?

I just made a completely legit looking Venusaur, Stunfisk, Golurk and Omastar but they turn up illegal trying to do random wifi battles and im not sure why.

Also if i reboot my ar it says 6029A instead of Black and says the code file is corrupt
Post a link with you pkm files.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maire said:
Erm... Does Pokegen support the PAL version of BW yet?

Loading my save file crashes the program. ^^;;
Yes it does. What flashcard are you using? I believe PokeGen requires that the save is a 512KB *.sav, a *.dsv (DeSmuMe), or a *.duc (Action Replay) file, you may have to convert.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Maire said:
Erm... Does Pokegen support the PAL version of BW yet?

Loading my save file crashes the program. ^^;;
You're doing it wrong.
Wow, that was so helpful.

Maire, make sure the region is set properly when you load your save. Also, what FC are you using?

D

Deleted-236924

I don't think the region PokeGen is set to matters.
I've been able to load an EU save file just fine with the latest version.

And also, it wasn't me who had trouble — it was Maire.

Maire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hakoda said:
Yes it does. What flashcard are you using? I believe PokeGen requires that the save is a 512KB *.sav, a *.dsv (DeSmuMe), or a *.duc (Action Replay) file, you may have to convert.
QUOTE(gumbyx84 @ Mar 28 2011, 01:47 AM) Maire, make sure the region is set properly when you load your save. Also, what FC are you using?
Ah, thankyou both - I've worked out the problem, I think. My flashcard adaptor doesn't support BW. *facepalm*

I guess that I'll just have to find a replacement adaptor. =P

My apologies for the stupid question. ^^;;

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
dragonkid6 said:
Also make sure the pokemon is caught in a Dream Ball.
It doesn't have to be a Dream Ball.
It can be any type of Poké Ball that is legally obtainable in-game.

Ah your right, I misread the guide I was using. Dream Ball is just the Master Ball of the Dream World.

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use this, pokesav for some reason for me wont work, Pokegen is just as good, i can edit my save and literally just PUT pokemon into the pc, clone it from it, everything
i dont need a ar code to clone them, make new poke in pc nothing.

Jump_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hakoda said:
Jump_0 said:
I tried that it didn't work.

A friend just told me that he thinks moves that are only obtainable from past games such as tutor moves and TM only arent allowed on random in B/W
No they are, but my earlier post was just foolish. You can't use either of the "Link Trade" options in PokeGen because BW cannot link trade with any other previous generation. However, it can "(Poketransfer)" which is the method used to transfer previous Gen Pokemon to B/W. As long as all the other info on the Pokemon is good, you should be able to take it onto Wifi.

Post back with the PKM file if you have a problem with legality.

EDIT: I think it might not allow previous gen moves so yeah.... Damn this game is restricting.
EDIT 2: Nope, game allows it. I just tried a build of a Pokemon and it allowed previous Gen only moves. Wanna post your PKM file so I can check it for legality?

sorry i forgot about my post here.
the legality checker came with from the megaupload link in the this youtube vid's description.
It dosnt check gen 5 pokemon as far as i know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaJdFmd6Vx0

Direct link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=546PARP9

EDIT: I think the version of pokegen that came with the legality checker was outdated but just to restate, I am using pokegen version 3.0b17

r4ipocketuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what to put in the PID finder for ability if a Pokemon already has 2 abilities but you're trying to get it to have the third one? And oh Pokegen works in random matches, but its quite tedious to make them legal enough to do so.

H8ff0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question:

I want to have my Pokemon made shiny. I did this successfully using the generate Shiny SID button. However they don't stay listed as being caught by myself. From reading the tooltips, it says the Trainer ID and SID have to match in order for the pokemon to be considered caught by me. However the Generate Shiny SID changes that second number, so I'm at a crossroads. Is what I'm attempting to do possible, and if so, how?

Coolaaron88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.searingarrow.com
XP
Country
United States
When I transfer a generated pokemon over to my game, it has 0/0 hp and has 0 of all stats. I dont exactly know what I am doing wrong.

EDIT: Figured it out. Nevermind
biggrin.gif

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
If a Pokémon is legal enough for random match ups... do you think it'll be okay for an official tournament? >_>;;

The main one that makes me confused is PID.. I've done crazy weird stuff with it like made it only a 1.. but it still lets it on the wi-fi battle. o.o; I dunno... I also tried not generating a PID and just leaving it but changing the IV's all to 31. Got in. So I'm guessing it doesn't check the PID against the nature set or IV's at all?

I don't know why it's supposedly hard to make a Pokémon legit enough to work on the random match up, they've all worked for me so far.. maybe it's due to my way of using a caught one as a base of sorts and just editing its IV's and stuff.

(I hope all that makes sense to someone. xD )

Katnavatia

Trophies
XP
Country
heartgold said:
Please note this is a beta release, I would advise you to make up a backup of your savefile somewhere safe before you use this.

I would love to learn how to use Pokegen but I have some questions, if you or anyone can help?

1. How would I backup my savefile... Im guessing that you are referring to my game-savefile..
2. I have heard that this program can mess up your game... (im guessing that is what the savefile backup is for..)
however how would this effect other things like dreamworld captures?
3. What are the other risks to my computer and game when using Pokegen
4. Lastly, how do you transfer a pokemon you generate into your game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1