Gaming PokeBank and Hacked PKMN Question...

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
Some of my pokemon with pokegen aren't transferring over, but it just leaves them, so i can easily go back and copy the save to my pc, edit it, then overwrite it back to the cart. Should be able to fix it then.

Deadvolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meloetta, Arceus, Genesect, and the rest of my legendarys transferred okay.
Mew was my only exception.

D

Deleted-236924

Thanks Game Freak/Nintendo for blocking perfectly legitimate Pokémon :yay:

I mean, blocking shiny Jirachi from the Colosseum Bonus Disk?

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
How do you do that?

1. I have a DSL I'm borrowing
2. I have a B2 retail cart
3. I have an Acekard 2i cart
4. I have pokegen
5. I have the 2.2v save game backup program found here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?12405-A-tool-to-backup-HG-SS-saves (site is either hammered or it's not loading) This is the only game backup/restorer variant that works with B2/W2. W/B don't have this issue

Basically, I turn my wifi security off, setup a ftp using smallftp (though filezilla's server works), use the program to back it up to the server, I edit it with pokegen, i use the program to pull the save file from the server and overwrite the save on the cart. It works fine and I can then start uploading pokemon to poke transfer. I sure as fuck am not going to be arsed trying to collect shinies of legendaries that almost never come out in my region. I suppose that "devalues" them but I play the game for me, I don't play it for others.

Now, there are other ways to do this, but I don't have $50 for a DS cart usb stick thing. Also because the programmer hasn't shown up after releasing 3.0RC1 years ago like a shmuck, there's a bug with B2/W2 in that the dsl restarts when you put the cart in. To get around this:
1. turn dsl on with flashcard
2. open up flashcard and open up the backup program, and press B
3. insert random gba game, and press GAME->.sav
4. replace slot 1, don't remove slot 2.
5. remove slot 2 after replacing. Now press A and hang out by your router because the range is shit. When it's done

To restore, do the same thing but pick .sav->GAME

Of course this means my process is: (to go back and fix the illegal mons so they upload)
1. change wifi settings
2. backup save to server
3. edit save
4. restore game to cart
5. try again to upload pokes

I'm gonna be here all night -_-

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Don't be ridiculous, with the amount of people spreading these things, it's impossible for you to be banned.

Hacked Pokemon can be transferred if you used the encounter any Pokemon AR code in Black/White 1/2 and didn't edit their move sets or PID's. As for trading or using them online, some are banned (Like Meloetta, as someone else already said).
If you catch a Pokemon in an area where you normally can't capture them, that's a red flag of a hacked pokemon right then and there. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the flags PokeTransfer checks is if your Pokemon was captured in area where it was actually capturable.

Gigashady

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If you catch a Pokemon in an area where you normally can't capture them, that's a red flag of a hacked pokemon right then and there. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the flags PokeTransfer checks is if your Pokemon was captured in area where it was actually capturable.
Anyone care to reconfirm this?

chrisluna413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm disappointed that PokeTransporter doesn't work with flashcarts. Just finished catching all the B and W2 legendaries. :/
At first i was disappointed, then I realized that it's regulating the community. Not as many hopeful cheaters like you and me can continue cheating as simply as we used to. Now people who have cheated are being forced to buy the games they refused to pay for earlier.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
event mew's seem to be hit and miss.. i had a level 5 (USA) event mew go through no issue, but a level 50 (Japan) mew event failed...

Gigashady

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Just try this scenario.

A perfectly legal Deoxys from GBA (Fire Red), in all aspects except the capture area -- it says Route 4. We all know you can't capture Deoxys on Route 4. So yeah, I'd say that's a red flag.
Confirmed for hit and miss.

Also, each transition from generation removes location tag from past Gen. IE: Routes becomes > Pal Park/Dream Radar/Poke transport et al.
Doesn't confirm if location code is still embedded or overwritten, however. So you might be right to an extent.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting enough, some of my pokegen ones from silver soul will not transfer from white to the bank. However if I remake exactly but wifi then directly to white, they go through no problem. Also my cherish ball caught pokemon are transferable with the bank, this is odd since they can't be traded or sent from silversoul to white. cherishball normally locks ownership to the trainer and game they were caught in.

Nusdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to transfer a shiny Druddigon, Shiny Charizard, Shiny Ninetales, Shiny Chandelure, Shiny Gallade, Shiny Latias, Shiny Cloyster, and shiny Breloom!! All were download from YouTube!!! Awesome. I had alot more shinies but couldn't go through.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was able to transfer a shiny Druddigon, Shiny Charizard, Shiny Ninetales, Shiny Chandelure, Shiny Gallade, Shiny Latias, Shiny Cloyster, and shiny Breloom!! All were download from YouTube!!! Awesome. I had alot more shinies but couldn't go through.I was able to transfer a shiny Druddigon, Shiny Charizard, Shiny Ninetales, Shiny Chandelure, Shiny Gallade, Shiny Latias, Shiny Cloyster, and shiny Breloom!! All were download from YouTube!!! Awesome. I had alot more shinies but couldn't go through.

No need to say it twice!! No need to say it twice!!

Gigashady

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Interesting enough, some of my pokegen ones from silver soul will not transfer from white to the bank. However if I remake exactly but wifi then directly to white, they go through no problem. Also my cherish ball caught pokemon are transferable with the bank, this is odd since they can't be traded or sent from silversoul to white. cherishball normally locks ownership to the trainer and game they were caught in.
Shiny Giratina and Shiny Genesect (Pokemon Movie 13) (Cherish Ball), both from separate events can be transferred. Though, it could still be a hit and miss for some. I suppose, it is only locked to it's own Gen.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been able to bring in every legendary. no problems here. finished the national dex before i even got it :D

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Anyone care to reconfirm this?

Confirmed for hit and miss.

Also, each transition from generation removes location tag from past Gen. IE: Routes becomes > Pal Park/Dream Radar/Poke transport et al.
Doesn't confirm if location code is still embedded or overwritten, however. So you might be right to an extent.

I tried using 2 Azelf from W2: One caught route 23 (correct), one caught at route 22 (wrong).
Besides that, every other thing is the same.

Only Route 23 Azelf got through.

How did you originally transfer them from Soul silver to white.
Pokecheck?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass