Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

Discussion in '3DS - Hacking & Homebrew' started by kyogre123, Oct 30, 2013.

Oct 30, 2013

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Message Count:
    Mexico
    Since Nintendo patched Wondertrade adding an encryption to the transmitted data, people from Project Pokemon have been working on a new way to dump PKX files (the new .pkm format for Pokémon X/Y). As for today (7/03/14) a tool for this has been made public, however there are some prerequisites that must be met:

If you own Pokémon X/Y in cartridge format:
    • Your 3DS must be on the OFW 6.3 or above
    • You must have a save dumper like PowerSaves 3DS (which is currently the only public way to dump save files from cartridges)

If you own Pokémon X/Y in digital format, you can simply get your save file from this directory in your SD card (save files made on Gateway 3DS' EmuNAND are compatible):
    For Pokémon X:
    X:\Nintendo 3DS\*random value*\*random value*\title\00040000\00055d00\data

For Pokémon Y:
    Y:\Nintendo 3DS\*random value*\*random value*\title\00040000\00055e00\data

KeySAV
    [IMG]
    KeySAV allows you to obtain an important file to read the data of the boxes of your save file, Blank.ekx.

To get the Blank.ekx file you must do the following:
    Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/wiki/keysav
    • Clear out boxes 1 & 2 by moving the Pokémon to other boxes.
    • Capture or hatch 6 Pokémon. They have to come from your game.
    • Put those 6 Pokémon on the top row of the first box.
    • Save once, hard reset (switch off/on the 3DS), launch the game and save again.
    • Export your save. Locate your save on your PC. Rename the first save 16.bin or 16.sav, depending on its original extension. If you are using the downloaded copy of the game, remember to copy the save file to another location before renaming. Do not rename the save file on the SD Card.
    • Run the game, and move all 6 Pokémon to the top row of box 2.
    • Save once, hard reset (switch off/on the 3DS), launch the game and save again.
    • Export your save. Locate your save on your PC and rename the second save 26.bin or 26.sav, depending on its original extension.
    • Run KeySav. On the "Box Breaker" tab, click on "Open SAV 1" and load 26.bin or 26.sav. Click on "Open SAV 2" and load 16.bin or 16.sav. Click on "Break".
    • Click on "K1", "K2" and "Blank" to save the files. Store those somewhere safe.

Mass Dumper
    Massdumper1.png
    Mass Dumper allows you to dump PKX files from your save file by using the Blank.ekx obtained with KeySAV, along with the Key - Box1.bin and Key - Box2.bin files, which work as keys to read the BOX 1 and BOX 2 of your save file respectively.

Just select the save file you want to be read, the Blank.ekx, one of the keys ("Key - Box1.bin" for BOX 1 or "Key - Box2.bin" for BOX 2) for the Concat Key option, making sure to also select the same number of box for the "Key Starts" option and an choose "Truck" to dump the PKX files.

You can also dump all of the 30 boxes by following the instructions in this external thread: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?37316-(X-Y)-Mass-Dumper-Enhanced-Box-Data-Viewer

However, there's a inconvenience with this tool since the output files have .ek6 and .pk6 extensions, instead of the standard .ekx and .pkx extensions, so the extension of the files must be changed in order to be used with PKX viewer/editor tools; this can be done with cmd in Windows.

cmd.png
    Just go to the path where the .pk6 or .ek6 files are stored and use the "ren" command as it is shown in the image of the above.

Outdated information:
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!

Attached Files:

Last edited by kyogre123, Mar 8, 2014

trigao New Member

Message Count:
    Brazil
    how i inject in my game after edit?

driverdis I am Justice

Message Count:
    United States
    you don't. there is no way to inject pokemon into the game yet, I assume a gts spoofer like deal is needed as the saves cannot be edited.

trigao New Member

Message Count:
    Brazil

aaaahhhh.... got it =)

thx

The Real Jdbye Furry, and damn proud of it!

Message Count:
    Norway
    I hope they never make one. Hacked pokemon ruin online for me.
    Interesting how quickly he cracked the pokemon data encryption and figured out the format though. Though the tool is still very incomplete and a lot of data is not editable and there are no move names.
    DiabloStorm, gamefan5 and MAXLEMPIRA like this.

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Message Count:
    Mexico
    Zaneris is making a proof of concept hack (#106) about transfering Pokemon by using Wondertrade. As far as I can understand, he's recording the network packets between the system and the server.

frogboy SORRY NOTHING

Message Count:
    United States
    I really hope this doesn't happen/isn't happening.

Are people really that eager to ruin the game for themselves and for other people? It's only been two weeks.

EDIT: Read on.
    Last edited by frogboy, Oct 31, 2013
    sanderdsz likes this.

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Message Count:
    Mexico
    Are you people entitled to ruin every single thread about hacking in Pokemon by whining about it?

Eyesenish New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    im not whinning hack away my friend but just a question doesnt that take the entire point of playing the game out?

i mean for your own game not online

driverdis I am Justice

Message Count:
    United States
    Nintendo will fix this same way as they did the Wii Shop Channel user agent spoofing years ago, which is to use SSL. all it will take is a Pokemon X/Y 1.2 update that encrypts Wondertrade communications.
    Last edited by driverdis, Oct 30, 2013
    SignZ likes this.

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.

Message Count:
    United States
    just because it's not encrypted doesn't mean it's not protected. getting a packet properly.. set up to make it across wonder trade takes more than just swapping in a different pkx. don't start freaking out just yet.
    Last edited by Bond697, Oct 30, 2013
    • Banned

UltraMew GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY

Message Count:
    United States
    Cool, make some Mews named WonderTradeMe and get people to Wonder Trade him.
    • Newcomer

landmasta New Member

Message Count:
    Algeria
    and the whiners come out of the woodwork.

MUH POKEMON! RUINED BY THESE HACKERS.

Get over yourselves. Not everyone has the time to sit their ass down and raise a fucking perfect IV EV'd pokemon.
    Sonia, wiiluver135, Boy12 and 3 others like this.
    • Banned

Message Count:
    United States
    No one wants to.
    Sonia and wiiluver135 like this.

DJPlace BREAKING NEWS!! i don't give a ****!!

Message Count:
    United States
    after i heard about ev's iv's and shit i said fuck it i'm not going sit down and do that shit. so what people are just been piss ass whiny ass bitches. but there's no such thing has a un-hacked game.
    Sonia, wiiluver135 and Boy12 like this.
    • Banned

Message Count:
    United States
    New Super Mario Bros. U? Any Wii U game?

DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

Message Count:
    United States
    I wanna make a bunch of Level 1 Hoopas so I can troll these jerks posting Yveltals and Xenreas on the GTS for IMPOSSIBLE Pokemon. I did it with Platinum. I released the Pokemon I got in the trade as well, and the mons I traded to the jerks were named LOLHACKED!
    tyons and SignZ like this.

king_leo I sure hope they have cigarettes in hell

Message Count:
    Australia
    2 Things, you can't have perfect EV's, you can have ideal EV's (You'd have different EV's per moveset/nature). Second, IV's are not compulsory, playing non competitively doesn't require IV's. If you don't want to IV train the pokemon you shouldn't be playing competitively.

Personally, the hacking doesn't affect me since I actually have friends who play pokemon legitimately, but I can still sympathize with the people who play online competitively then get fucked over by hacked pokemon.
    Skelletonike and sanderdsz like this.

Duo8 See what happens.

Message Count:
    Vietnam
    Have anyone managed to spoof GTS/Wonder Trade?
    king_leo likes this.

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Message Count:
    Mexico
    Yes, I know two persons who did it, however it has only worked to receive data.

SPONSORED LINKS