Gaming Pokémon X & Y are officially 3 years old - Do you feel old now?

What was your first generation you started with?

• Gen I

Votes: 59 53.6%
  • Gen II

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Gen III

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Gen IV

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Gen V

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Gen VI

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first pokemon game I ever played was one of the Mystery Dungeon games. I really didn't like it. That was back in 3rd grade. Then my friend suggested I get the new pokemon game. I asked if it was "the one where you walk around as a pokemon" and he said I could play as a trainer and it was an entirely different game. I picked up Soul Silver as soon as I could and played it to death! Great game. I sadly lost my Pokewalker, but I used to take it with me whenever I went golfing with my dad.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this thread has made me feel like a baby rather than old, since I started with good ol Pokemon Diamond (or, technically, Blue Rescue Team).

Also, @InsaneNutter, how did you manage to complete your entire Pokedex with only 27 hours logged in the game? I guess I'm on the complete other end of that spectrum though. I'm playing the international Blue on VC and I've got 24 hours logged, yet I'm still training for the League.

Reactions: Deleted User

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm 25. So no, I don't feel old. I also started with the first Gen, the blue version - got it from a friend. Bought myself the yellow version after it was released in Germany. Fun times.~

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
I started all the way back with pokemon blue.

I said many years ago that "pokemon B/W 2 will be the final pokemon game i play"

Now I'm almost in my 30's and mashing f5 on that iso site waiting for Sun Moon demo. Lol.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Also, @InsaneNutter, how did you manage to complete your entire Pokedex with only 27 hours logged in the game? I guess I'm on the complete other end of that spectrum though. I'm playing the international Blue on VC and I've got 24 hours logged, yet I'm still training for the League.

I played Pokemon Red so much as a kid, I used to trade my Pokemon to my brothers Blue version or later my Yellow version then start again. My first Red save had something like 80 hours play time on it for all 151. That did include a lot of battling and messing about though. If you know what your doing it's quite easy to finish the game fairly quickly.

Last edited by InsaneNutter,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I was there when the 1st gen went all out on the Game Boy. I never played 2nd gen and up because; I grew up and became an adult.

Pip'
I also began with gen 1 in 01, I was a kid.

I'm now grown up, and still hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon!

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
old???
:)
NfUVQLK.jpg
Wy7AAzr.jpg

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
stop making me feel old i played that game several years ago, and even still have the case (US version) for it with all the manuals and stuff
Pokemon Platinum was the first game (including non-Pokemon) I ever bought when it was brand new (took 2 weeks to get it shipped home though) so this gen holds a special place. :3
Good to see I'm not the only one.

I still have the manual too somewhere around here...

Reactions: ihaveahax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.