Gaming Pokémon X and Y will not receive a patch for compatibility with ORAS's new Megas

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
of course you will be able to trade back and forth. just not new mega stones. the game will probably give you a 'something is not right' message.

it did that back between red and gold too if you tried to trade with gen 2 pokemon in your party.
My bet would be on being unable to trade a Pokemon holding any item between the two games. Chances are ORAS won't have all Mega's from XY either.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My bet would be on being unable to trade a Pokemon holding any item between the two games. Chances are ORAS won't have all Mega's from XY either.

of course it will have all xy megas. and the trading interface will probably be exactly as it was in xy too. its just that pokemon with new items wont be tradable (they will be blacked out like other trade restricted things in the past)

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

I love how everyone has blown this way out of proportion.... You can only NOT trade MEGA from R/S to X/Y. This makes sense since though games don't have those Pokemon at all in them. What would even be the point of trading down anyway? If you are a serious Pokemon trainer that goes out for tournaments you would update either way. If you are just a casual why do you care that you can't trade back the likely 20-30 Mega stones. X/Y have 0 code for the new megas so it isn't about patching it is about actually updating the whole game with the new ones which is dumb since you need the newer version to even do that.

aos10

Yuuki chan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I love how everyone has blown this way out of proportion.... You can only NOT trade MEGA from R/S to X/Y. This makes sense since though games don't have those Pokemon at all in them. What would even be the point of trading down anyway? If you are a serious Pokemon trainer that goes out for tournaments you would update either way. If you are just a casual why do you care that you can't trade back the likely 20-30 Mega stones. X/Y have 0 code for the new megas so it isn't about patching it is about actually updating the whole game with the new ones which is dumb since you need the newer version to even do that.
you are right..if those mega isn't available in X and Y in the first place
but mega lati@s is available in X and Y
and i am guessing you can't get hoppa and volcanion in XY legally

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?