Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Become Fastest Selling Games in Nintendo History

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    yeah but still a number to sum of people paying it xD

VinLark likes this.
  2. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Agreed. I like trials and i'm looking forward to them changing stuff up in future games. The whole gym idea really was getting incredibly stale.

sup3rgh0st and VinLark like this.
  3. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Funny thing is, it was probably the worst Pokemon game.

I fell out on 5th gen and this was a lot worse.

With 5th gen, I was not open to accept the different things they brought to it, but with this I was ready for all changes. Yet they bring nothing but annoyance

4. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Seriel's Original Stalker

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    That's a little too harsh.

Pluupy likes this.
  5. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    [​IMG]

I don't feel gyms added anything to Pokemon games besides an unnecessary formality of the pokemon league. Badges mean nothing.

If they do bring in more gyms, I'd like them to be more challenging. I'd like the pokemon league overall to make me feel accomplished.

Last edited by Pluupy, Dec 3, 2016
  6. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    At the very least a new game+ mode with scaling levels for trainer and gym leader Pokemon would be good. Unfortunately they're quickly moving in the opposite direction, in Sun/Moon half the damn game is a tutorial.

CLOUD9RED likes this.
  7. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Just my opinion.

The game is extremely short. If it was at the pace of x and y, I would probably finish it within a few hours. Not even speed running.

They slowed down the pace of the game extremely to make it longer. Animation times are annoying, loading within the same area takes a few seconds, z moves take bloody 2 minutes, constantly holding my hands... Oh you can't go to the right. Why? Just because you can't, game wants you to go to the left.
    Also I thought they said that sizes are finally going to compare to character sizes. But hardly that's the case.
    The trials are piss easy. The game is piss easy.
    It feels harder because of the battles. Everyone has faster Pokemon then the ones you can catch. EVERYONE. The Pokemon that are available on your journey are atrociously slow and will get outsped by anything the opponents throw at you. Unless you spend some time for rare encounter or something good. The encounter system in this game is bad. Not enough areas so there are way too many 1℅ and 5℅ encounters. Spent 30 hours for bagon and about 40 hours to catch castform.

Online functionality went backwards. Bottom screen had everything we need. But what do we get? Festival plaza. I never gave a fuck about the gimmicks they added. I was only ever concerned with the main aspects of the game.

Anyway. I could go on with the negatives forever. But as I said, it's only my opinion. I am wanting to embrace the changes and hoping that it's a bridge to a better game in the future.

Last edited by ShawnTRods, Dec 3, 2016
    CLOUD9RED likes this.
  8. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    First Pokemon I have truly enjoyed in a very long time (and I buy them all), so I'm pretty happy they've been selling so well.
    Hopefully the next games will also have more story and collectibles.

9. HuskyXD

HuskyXD Banned

Banned
    Nov 5, 2016
    Canada
    You should charge like a dollar per pokemon lol

RustInPeace likes this.
  10. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2015
    Germany
    The 3DS system is the most hackable system out there and they still say piracy is killing Game Companies......... yeah, for sure :teach: