ROM Hack Pokémon Silver Blue

brtatu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mean, how would you implement a button on the battle screen that allows a Pokemon to mega evolve?
The mega evolution will probably be like a new (but reversible) evolution. So it will be permanent and not activated in battle.

I am very excited to see where this progresses. And very excited to see it being worked on recently. What I would like to see in the future most is the ability to start up a new game without needing a sav file to be downloaded. Also, before I download it, can I play this on a flashcart?
I would like to see it too (haha) but don't know how to do it! And about playing in a flashcart: yes, you can.

Desho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just signed up to say I love this patch. I've just started playing it on my DSTwo and it runs flawlessly.

Few things to note though, after talking to the first photographer and asking for a picture the game will freeze with the music unaffected.

Also when heading out and going into the wild grass without any Pokemon (start of the game), you will have a MissingNO-looking sprite @ Level 1 with 1 HP. If it faints you will be transported to the Viridian City Pokemon Center effectively forcing you to start over. Going into the Pokemon menu will also crash the game.

Can't wait to see what else you have in store!

Reactions: brtatu

brtatu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just signed up to say I love this patch. I've just started playing it on my DSTwo and it runs flawlessly.

Few things to note though, after talking to the first photographer and asking for a picture the game will freeze with the music unaffected.

Also when heading out and going into the wild grass without any Pokemon (start of the game), you will have a MissingNO-looking sprite @ Level 1 with 1 HP. If it faints you will be transported to the Viridian City Pokemon Center effectively forcing you to start over. Going into the Pokemon menu will also crash the game.

Can't wait to see what else you have in store!

Thanks for informing me about the bugs and I'm happy to see you liking the game :lol:

Spartan016

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really trying to play this rom hack, but I'm on a Mac and the patching utilities aren't working for me. Is there anywhere I can get the .nds file already patched so I can play? Or maybe there's something I'm missing in trying to play. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

brtatu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry if this thread is strictly for technical issues, but I've got an opinion.

Why bother? HG/SS already have Kanto and you're basically taking half of the game and turning it into the whole game.

It's all about the purpose: play HGSS as you're playing Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Reactions: BORTZ

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this hack follow the story of G/S Kanto or does it follow the story of R/B Kanto?

Or is it completely new cause in the screens alot of the dialogue looks new to me (and of course Lucas being here)!

brtatu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does this hack follow the story of G/S Kanto or does it follow the story of R/B Kanto?

Or is it completely new cause in the screens alot of the dialogue looks new to me (and of course Lucas being here)!

It follows the story of G/S Kanto with some changes (like Lucas xD)

mbcrazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey brtatu! I just got the patch and it patched correctly. I copied it to my R4i Gold 3DS and when I load it up, I get a white screen! How can I fix this? :) Thanks in advance!

brtatu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey brtatu! I just got the patch and it patched correctly. I copied it to my R4i Gold 3DS and when I load it up, I get a white screen! How can I fix this? :) Thanks in advance!
I don't know how to fix a flashcart issue, but you could try to update it's firmware or also play the patched rom on emulator (to see if the rom it's ok)
Wow...looks interesting. Is it a complete version?
I would say it's a playable version, but not complete yet!

Reactions: mbcrazed

mbcrazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to fix a flashcart issue, but you could try to update it's firmware or also play the patched rom on emulator (to see if the rom it's ok)

I would say it's a playable version, but not complete yet!
Black Screen on Emulator! Should I re-patch it?

mbcrazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That actually could be it. My friend Cesar actually gave me the rom when I got my original R4 card. So I think it was his dump he used with a Dongle. I'll try your way out and see! :)

EDIT: IT WORKED! :D Thank you so much!

Reactions: brtatu

Zaane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very interesting, indeed. Well done!

Are there any plans to make this like a reversed HG/SS where you start in Kanto and continue through Johto? or will it always be just the Kanto part? Either way still plan to play through it. :S

brtatu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is very interesting, indeed. Well done!

Are there any plans to make this like a reversed HG/SS where you start in Kanto and continue through Johto? or will it always be just the Kanto part? Either way still plan to play through it. :S

I have some ideas to make Johto playable and may be working on it in the end of year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte