Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Drayano, May 25, 2012.

1. bombbaykds98

bombbaykds98 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2016
    United States
    In the documents for the game it says that you can obtain the remaining Hoenn starters in Pewter City from Steven, but when I go to Pewter City Steven is not there, I have beaten the elite four and just beat Lt. Surge is there more I have to do for Steven to appear in Pewter?

2. the assaf

the assaf GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    You took the first Hoenn starter?

3. bombbaykds98

bombbaykds98 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2016
    United States
    Yea I have a Blaziken

4. Ricardo_valle12

Ricardo_valle12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Everytime I get to olivine city and as my rival comes out my game crashes. Can anybody help me fix this?

5. drhaze

drhaze Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2016
    United States
    I'm getting random freezes during battles (and one time during naming a newly caught pokemon clicking the yes button) not using any acton replay cheats atm and only have been using in game saves

4780 - Pokemon HeartGold is the game a patched

and I'm using desmume Official Nightly Build r5526 64bit

anyway to lesson the freezes/crashing or is it something I need to deal with (so far with google looks like its something I need to deal with but I hope I missed something that could help)

edit: oh and I forgot at times my character sometime glitches into lines leaving the area fixexs it also opening something like my trainer card does as well

Last edited by drhaze, Aug 11, 2016
  6. the assaf

the assaf GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    The second problem is a common problem in desmume (I don't know if it occur in other emulators, but it doesn't happen in my flashcart), you just have to exit and re-enter the area (save and restart, enter to a building and exit, view pokedex etc)

7. drhaze

drhaze Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I learned the second problem isn't much of a problem and can be fixed easy its just the first.

Trying to do my first nuzlocke run and already three times I lost pokemon I caught due to the freezing / because I didn't save after every step I took>.<

so far using google I found
    020DE16C E1A00000
    020D3FA8 E1A0000 but seems to be something that doesn't work with desmume and for black screen bug ( i don't have that problem)

and
    post made by jhon
    but seeing as he is in the credits I have the feeling that code is the "patch" added to the game

so if any one else knows something that would help with the freezes that I missed I will be happy to know

Last edited by drhaze, Aug 11, 2016
  8. bwillb

bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 2, 2009
    United States
    Did anyone ever get this working on an EDGE DS?

9. yugix

yugix Sleepy

May 27, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    I tried checking the EDGE Section in this Forum but no useful info. For me, I will buy one R4 Clone and use @retrogamefan topic to update it and being able to play all these ROM hacks. Clones are cheap so I think it is affordable.

10. lelouch naren

lelouch naren Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2016
    India
    please anyone help when i was battling the team rocket grunts in safari zone my screen went black and i didnt save the game.please help me

Attached Files:

11. JuiceTin13
    This message by JuiceTin13 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 31, 2016, Reason: Requested -rp.
    Aug 16, 2016
  12. swiftgallade46

swiftgallade46 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2011
    United States
    Maryland
    Are there any plans to fix at least the remaining bugs in the first post? It's been 4 years so I feel like probably not, but it would be nice to at least have some closure lol

13. Yes.

Yes. Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    Netherlands
    I fished in the Dark Cave hoping to get a Whiscash.
    I got a weird Lvl. 0 Glitchmon

http://imgur.com/muSXhXK

Is this normal...
    I did get normal Seakings and Quagsires
    It happened in Slowpoke Well too.

Last edited by Yes., Aug 25, 2016
  14. the assaf

the assaf GBAtemp Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    No. It may be a bug related to your specific way to run the rom (emulator/flashcart) being incompatible with this romhack.

15. yoAPP

yoAPP Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2016
    Does anyone know about the Bike Shop as to calling again again and again even if I have not arrived to Goldenrod City? and even if mom gave me it at the beggining? It has no sense, and it's annoying to stop every 2-3 minutes with those calls.

16. Joshsouza

Joshsouza Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    United States
    Okay, so I'm in Fuchsia city and I cannot access the final cloyster because it is in the same tile as the healer. I went to Olivine city to reset my flags but the woman wasn't there since I accidentally reset flags upon myfirst visit. I've tried using a different emulator, a different version of the rom, a clean rom, all with no success. Can I do anything about this?

17. esbreon

esbreon Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    United States
    Is there any way to fix the character sprite suddenly starts changing? And when i tried to walk in a house and come out/opening my bag, pokemon, etc and my screen sudden turns black? Because i reached to Goldenrode City and my character sprite started to change so i saved and reset and Desume never bothered to load the game again.

18. SilentOne1994

SilentOne1994 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    So, i'm having this issue where I can't get the HM for Surf due to the Kimono Girl blocking off the entrance to the dance theatre..
    Whenever i speak to her she just keeps talking about Jirachi.
    I've already beaten ecruteak gym and spoken to the gym leader of olivine about her sick ampharos.. but the kimono girl still won't move.
    Is there any fix to this?

Last edited by SilentOne1994, Aug 31, 2016
  19. Joshsouza

Joshsouza Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    United States
    For a romhack with such positive feedback, it's sort of unacceptable how many bugs there are that will render you unable to progress, making your save useless. What's the point of adding all this cool content if it's a dice roll whether it works or not? Are your pokemon black and black 2 hacks anything like this? Because if so I might just have to pass, which is annoying because when it works, it's fantastic.

20. MrDexter

MrDexter Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    Greece
    Where can I find a Lapras?It's not in Union Cave and I can't find it in the Documents,please help.

21. Espurr

Espurr Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    I decided to nuzlocke this game and it turned out the Eevee Cynthia gave me was shiny! What a nice way to start. c: