ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
downloaded this hack, playing it on my dstt properly without freezes, bugs, nothing bad, so, i am at the entrance of union cave in sacred gold, so, if i update to version 1.02, do i have to start all over again, or there is a way to keep my save data from the first version to the new one?
EDIT: i was playing with the very first release

Wait how did you get it to work on your DSTT? I couldn't on mine XD.

Also I didn't experience the Kimono Girl problem. So I guess I was lucky lol. I haven't seen any other real problems so far.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There's definitely a Safari Zone problem so I'm going to have to update again.

Can someone get a gun please. I'll answer the other questions in a bit.

edit: Can I just ask, has anyone else gotten as far as the Safari Zone Gate, yet?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Basically something is meant to happen in the Pokemon Center, but due to something I removed in the final version it's all broken and stuff. It's an easy fix, at least.

Gold011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
downloaded this hack, playing it on my dstt properly without freezes, bugs, nothing bad, so, i am at the entrance of union cave in sacred gold, so, if i update to version 1.02, do i have to start all over again, or there is a way to keep my save data from the first version to the new one?
EDIT: i was playing with the very first release

Wait how did you get it to work on your DSTT? I couldn't on mine XD.

Also I didn't experience the Kimono Girl problem. So I guess I was lucky lol. I haven't seen any other real problems so far.

well, it may depend on the rom, since the one i used was a heart gold rom by xenophobia group and updated my dstt firmware with the very last release...

cainhovini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dray, are you going to make a Playthrough of the game? and even with the initial bugs I really like the efforts you put to make a great pokemon game. Game Freak should have you to work for them :)

Reactions: 2 people

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, I never actually investigated into restoring the old Game Corner.

Thank you for that at least, but making everyone download a new patch three times in the same day is making me feel a bit on the silly side...

spasticbuddha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
> Lurk on BB/VW thread
> Love VW, decide to try out SpiritGold
> Buggy as hell
> Assume it was a bad download and ask Dray is he has a cleaner copy
> Get told HG roms are all like that, even with the "fix" patch
> Sadface.jpg
> Hear announcement on the thread that Dray is remaking Spiritgold in a sense
> Allmyexcite
> Forget about GBAtemp for a little while
> Back to the BB/VW thread today
> Notice post saying StormSilver has been released
> Head over to this thread, notice it was only posted yesterday
> Perfecttiming.jpg
> Expect the game to be Spiritgold again, but more stable
> Tons of new scripts, graphical tweaks and other stuff that isn't even in BB/VW
> Highlight of my week

Reactions: 1 person

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm glad you appreciate the difference, haha.

Okay, another version, this one is compulsory as you won't be able to progress without it. The flag fixer is still in Olivine for those of you who need it, but otherwise gameplay should hopefully be smooth now. (That said, I'm expecting another bug to appear within five minutes...)

Version 1.03
http://www.mediafire.com/?xl9gxds8hcfj616

Cease Tick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, it appears I forgot to put anything about the move changes. :X IIRC the only differences are...
- B/W move upgrades
- Cut is 60 power Grass
- Rock Smash is 60 power Fighting and the effect rate has been cut to 30%
- Strength is now 60 power Rock (for balancing) and has a 10% chance to reduce opponent's attack
Okay, when you say B/W move upgrades do you mean the list from BB/VW or moves like giga drain/drain punch/icicle spear/bullet seed that had their power changed in vanilla B/W?

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
^haha Dray. Don't hate me for saying this, but I knew this would happen. In BlazeBlack, I saw the updates you made so I knew this would start out with bugs. I am gonna finish my nuzlocke run of Platinum then come back to this.

But hey, you do very good work. BlazeBlack had to be the most fun I had in any pokemon handheld game. Like another member here said, you should work with Gamefreak for the game's storylines.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not offended at all, I was expecting the same thing honestly, if not more so since the scripting gives a higher capacity for bugs to occur. So, a fine choice on your part for not downloading immediately =P

But yeah, thanks :]. Could be interesting if I ever get to do it!

PokemonSoulHunte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad you appreciate the difference, haha.

Okay, another version, this one is compulsory as you won't be able to progress without it. The flag fixer is still in Olivine for those of you who need it, but otherwise gameplay should hopefully be smooth now. (That said, I'm expecting another bug to appear within five minutes...)

Version 1.03
http://www.mediafire...xl9gxds8hcfj616
Since it is mandatory, does that mean we have to start over the game? I also have a question about a scenario. Lets say you are at a unfixed glitch in 1.00 and u patched it to 1.03 where the glitch was patched, does it appear in the game or do u need to restart to get it to work?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You never need to restart the save, as long as your ROM and .sav (or equivalent) are named the same then it should work just fine.

If it's to do with a flag set earlier, it will still be in the game unfortunately. That's why I put the fixer in the Olivine Center, just to make sure nobody got stuck forever. I'm pretty sure all other bugs are fine, though; in the event anyone got to the Safari Zone Gate already then you can just talk to the rockets outside the zone itself to get the flag fix. I think it should all work out...

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
This hack looks TOTALLY awesome. I'll wait for the final version to play it though. Thanks for you hard work, Drayano.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny that bug shooting isn't as much fun as it sounds. It's most definitely not what's on the tin! You hear of shooting bugs and think it has to at least be better than having them running all over your code printouts and monitor's screen. Then you realize that it's not literally shooting and then it all goes downhill from there... (LOL, have to have a sense of humor, everyone)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16