ROM Hack Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire: OR/AS Challenge Mode ROMhack!

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project Pokémon OP
GBATemp OP
Reddit /r/3dshacks OP
EJhXmSO.png
6xkhvab.png

Romhack of: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (3DS)

Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire are romhacks of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that you level up very quickly. You should be hitting Level 100 by the time you get to the Elite Four.

This mod's information has been moved to my WordPress.

Last edited by Dio Vento,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Nice!

Can confirm that Star Sapphire is fully working on 9.9.0.26U using HANS to load the romfs.

I decided to make a backup of my save, and delete it to start fresh with the hack.

Word of caution though, delete the save from within the game itself, do not attempt to delete the save with svdt or any other save managers, as this will simply tell you that the data is corrupted and the game will not be usable unless you copy your old save back in!

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice!

Can confirm that Star Sapphire is fully working on 9.9.0.26U using HANS to load the romfs.

I decided to make a backup of my save, and delete it to start fresh with the hack.

Word of caution though, delete the save from within the game itself, do not attempt to delete the save with svdt or any other save managers, as this will simply tell you that the data is corrupted and the game will not be usable unless you copy your old save back in!
Edited your word of caution into the OP and the OP on Project Pokémon.

Yamanoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wait ... i'm on a 10.2 firmware console, i have OR Cartridge and no gateway ... should i rip my retail cartridge for apply the custom rom or what?
Btw, i don't see any "rom" folder ...

Last edited by Yamanoko,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

Yamanoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok searching trough google i found another Dio Vento's post which says: Fixed a minor issue: the folder containing the garc files in the distribution packs was named "rom" when it should be named "romfs". If you downloaded before this change, just rename the folder yourself.
So what i actually did is:
Run romfs builder.exe and selected romfs folder, then i saved as romfs.bin.
Edited with HxD and then renamed to rruby.romfs -> copied into hans folder (not the 3ds one), but when i select Pokèmon Rutile Ruby on the Homebrew Channel that's what i got:
RdyJP9K.jpg

Last edited by Yamanoko,

dannyboy941

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I Have answer why does not work for me what you mean " delete up to line FF0"
Should i Delete from 00000000 to 00000FF0? But that not working it freezes only i use the romfs from the rar file Witch Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire is this anyway is this EU or US? I had try with Pokemon Aqua Sapphire EU

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Have answer why does not work for me what you mean " delete up to line FF0"
Should i Delete from 00000000 to 00000FF0? But that not working it freezes only i use the romfs from the rar file Witch Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire is this anyway is this EU or US? I had try with Pokemon Aqua Sapphire EU

If I'm reading this right, you're not extracting an existing ROM to get the main rom contents folder. You need to do that, then copy the romhack files over that, THEN recompress as a bin. Then after that, you open it in a hex editor and delete lines 00000000 to 00000FF0, save it as ssapphire.romfs (NOT .bin) and put it on your 3DS SD card. This works with any region Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby.

Yamanoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Italian. Maybe if i select English it will display Rutile Ruby?
Btw, is not a big problem, i only want the difficulty increased xD

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Italian. Maybe if i select English it will display Rutile Ruby?
Btw, is not a big problem, i only want the difficulty increased xD
That'll do it, I probably left some of the non-English language title files with Blood Ruby. I'll fix when PK3DS stops being an ass when I try to edit them.

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended