ROM Hack Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire: OR/AS Challenge Mode ROMhack!

Argon11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it ok to update the game first before using the patch? I'm going to use the luma3ds method
EDIT: nvm I got it to work. Thank you so much for this

Last edited by Argon11,

SommenRider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As mentioned previously, Piplup and Prinplup's entries have a bunch of stuff duped from Infernape, and same for Rapidash over to Slowpoke. There's also that low-level Seviper trainer on Route 115, and Zinnia's second battle is easier than the first one.

Other people have mentioned these things before but I feel like you may not have seen it.

Last edited by SommenRider,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned previously, Piplup and Prinplup's entries have a bunch of stuff duped from Infernape, and same for Rapidash over to Slowpoke. There's also that low-level Seviper trainer on Route 115, and Zinnia's second battle is easier than the first one.

Other people have mentioned these things before but I feel like you may not have seen it.
I fixed the personal entries for the Slowpoke bug (and piplup and prinplup) in the latest patch. Seviper trainer wasn't fixed. Zinnia's second battle is intended to be easier because it's impossible to lose that battle, if I made that an actual challenge it would mean nothing. The Lv70 Mega Ray is much weaker than the rest of your team and would drag you down quite a bit if Zinnia had her main team.

Argon11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I fixed the personal entries for the Slowpoke bug (and piplup and prinplup) in the latest patch. Seviper trainer wasn't fixed. Zinnia's second battle is intended to be easier because it's impossible to lose that battle, if I made that an actual challenge it would mean nothing. The Lv70 Mega Ray is much weaker than the rest of your team and would drag you down quite a bit if Zinnia had her main team.
Hello OP does this also work with japanese pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire?

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I havent been able to find info within the installation guide....
Can I run your RomFS patch with Luma3DS + Pokemon Omega Ruby AND the 1.4 update? Or would it overwrite changes?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent been able to find info within the installation guide....
Can I run your RomFS patch with Luma3DS + Pokemon Omega Ruby AND the 1.4 update? Or would it overwrite changes?
If you run RR/SS with the Luma3DS method and 1.4 installed, it'll run and you'll get all the romhack changes, *but* you won't be able to go online and you won't get any of the patches' changes.
Hello OP does this also work with japanese pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire?
Yes.

Reactions: Noroxus

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you run RR/SS with the Luma3DS method and 1.4 installed, it'll run and you'll get all the romhack changes, *but* you won't be able to go online and you won't get any of the patches' changes.

Yes.

Yeah, I dont really care about online tbh. As long as I can run the game with the romhack enabled + no update nag 24/7 when I hover over the game in the home menu I am happy.

I don't really get what you mean by the "patches' changes". (maybe 1.4 update changes?)

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I dont really care about online tbh. As long as I can run the game with the romhack enabled + no update nag 24/7 when I hover over the game in the home menu I am happy.

I don't really get what you mean by the "patches' changes". (maybe 1.4 update changes?)
Yes, "patches" refers to the changes in official updates, such as the fix for displaying thrown non-standard Poké Balls.

Reactions: Noroxus

Davidchao23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is a stupid question or what not, but if I do the CIA/Dumping process for Star Sapphire, would the modded/new CIA overwrite the original version I have, or would it be in it's own separate title?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is a stupid question or what not, but if I do the CIA/Dumping process for Star Sapphire, would the modded/new CIA overwrite the original version I have, or would it be in it's own separate title?
It will overwrite your current Alpha Sapphire install and save file. If you already have Alpha Sapphire, just use the Drag and Drop package instead of creating a CIA.

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I'm being dumb but not sure the replies are being direct enough for me.

Can I update the game to the latest version and still use the mods? I know there was one rom hack where it broke compatibility. And would this apply the Luma and cia version?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I'm being dumb but not sure the replies are being direct enough for me.

Can I update the game to the latest version and still use the mods? I know there was one rom hack where it broke compatibility. And would this apply the Luma and cia version?
  • Luma 7.0+ Drag and Drop: Works with game updates installed
  • HANS: Works with game updates installed
  • CIA: Requires game updates to be uninstalled
  • Gateway/Citra: Requires game updates to be uninstalled
No version implements the actual changes that are part of the game updates.

If you are on CFW, use the Luma 7.0+ Drag and Drop version.

Last edited by Dio Vento,
Reactions: tommikinder

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Luma 7.0+ Drag and Drop: Works with game updates installed
  • HANS: Works with game updates installed
  • CIA: Requires game updates to be uninstalled
  • Gateway/Citra: Requires game updates to be uninstalled
No version implements the actual changes that are part of the game updates.

If you are on CFW, use the Luma 7.0+ Drag and Drop version.
Perfect for like a moron like myself thanks a lot dio.

rwbonesy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the Luma drag and drop, is May's outfit supposed to not change with this method? I'm on Luma v7.0.5 and the title screen is different but rival May's outfit is still red.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the Luma drag and drop, is May's outfit supposed to not change with this method? I'm on Luma v7.0.5 and the title screen is different but rival May's outfit is still red.
Are you playing Ruby? Brendan and May are dark red in Rutile Ruby. The blue costumes are for the Sapphire versions.

Fixed RR 2.2 679 Build ZIP in OP to properly include the 679 Build's wild encounters.

kaceontroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an issue with installing this hack.

I've installed Omega Ruby (.cia on SD) and copied HansPack to SD root. Then by Homebrew Launcher I tried to open Pokemon Rutile Ruby and I get this:

"An exception occured

Processor: ARM11 <core 0>
Exception type: data abort
Current process: 3dsx_app"

And after that a lot of adresses and all that stuff.

I am using old 3DS.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue with installing this hack.

I've installed Omega Ruby (.cia on SD) and copied HansPack to SD root. Then by Homebrew Launcher I tried to open Pokemon Rutile Ruby and I get this:

"An exception occured

Processor: ARM11 <core 0>
Exception type: data abort
Current process: 3dsx_app"

And after that a lot of adresses and all that stuff.

I am using old 3DS.
if you can install CIAs you can use Luma 3DS LayeredFS instead of HANS. Use that instead.

kaceontroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really know what to do. I have Luma installed, yes, but I don't really know where to go and what to do exactly (I hacked my 3ds for the first time a few days ago)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards