ROM Hack Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire: OR/AS Challenge Mode ROMhack!

Yamanoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just one more question. When a new fix is out, do i have to do again all the things listed above? I mean dumping my cartridge etc etc?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one more question. When a new fix is out, do i have to do again all the things listed above? I mean dumping my cartridge etc etc?
Well, if you want to apply the fix and you still have the romfs folder, you could just drag the new version over the old one. You'll still have to rebuild romfs.bin, strip the first 1000 bytes, and rename to ssapphire.bin.

Yamanoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok thank you man. At the moment i'm really enjoying this romhack, more than the original game :P
Oh and about what you wrote in the main post : • Text has been edited for the English language only.
Does this mean only the Rutile Ruby logo, or there are new texts in the game, different from the original one?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you man. At the moment i'm really enjoying this romhack, more than the original game :P
Oh and about what you wrote in the main post : • Text has been edited for the English language only.
Does this mean only the Rutile Ruby logo, or there are new texts in the game, different from the original one?
There are minor text adjustments, yes. I changed the dialogue of some trainers. A trainer is all LOOK AT MY NUMEL and she doesn't have a numel in Star Sapphire, stuff like that. I'd recommend playing in English if you are capable of doing so, there's a good amount of minor text adjustments to reflect gameplay changes.

Attachments

• scr_7_TOP_LEFT.png
    scr_7_TOP_LEFT.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 441

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just dived into this, as far as I can tell from the topic this hack doesn't offer every Pokemon available for capture correct?
I'm a bit bias and don't like to use pokemon I don't like in games even if they are amazing, so I'm wondering if there is documentation on pokemon locations available?

Last edited by Acryt,

lesterman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Nice!

Can confirm that Star Sapphire is fully working on 9.9.0.26U using HANS to load the romfs.

I decided to make a backup of my save, and delete it to start fresh with the hack.

Word of caution though, delete the save from within the game itself, do not attempt to delete the save with svdt or any other save managers, as this will simply tell you that the data is corrupted and the game will not be usable unless you copy your old save back in!

please, explains how you did

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please, explains how you did
hold Up+B+X at the title screen and it should let you delete your save file.
Just dived into this, as far as I can tell from the topic this hack doesn't offer every Pokemon available for capture correct?
I'm a bit bias and don't like to use pokemon I don't like in games even if they are amazing, so I'm wondering if there is documentation on pokemon locations available?
It's the same encounters as Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but it includes the DexNav encounters you normally see post-game. Stuff like Zorua on Route 101, etc.

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's the same encounters as Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but it includes the DexNav encounters you normally see post-game. Stuff like Zorua on Route 101, etc.
Ah, I see. I did see Zorua when starting :3 Thank you for making this romhack!

Is it possible to do a randomization of your romhack with PK3DS? or will they conflict? I know none of the romhacks work through Dabombstew's randomizer because he hasn't added any support :(

lesterman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

sorry, explain how the hack was operated for 9.9

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. I did see Zorua when starting :3 Thank you for making this romhack!

Is it possible to do a randomization of your romhack with PK3DS? or will they conflict? I know none of the romhacks work through Dabombstew's randomizer because he hasn't added any support :(
You can do a randomization, but you have to apply it on the romFS folder you get AFTER you copy the distribution package, before you recompress it to romfs.bin, rename it, and delete the first 0x1000 bytes.
sorry, explain how the hack was operated for 9.9
It runs through the Homebrew Launcher v2.5 with HANS. If you don't have a homebrew entry point already installed on your 3ds (ironhax/themehax/ninjhax) then you're kinda boned because browserhax is dead on 9.9.

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do a randomization, but you have to apply it on the romFS folder you get AFTER you copy the distribution package, before you recompress it to romfs.bin, rename it, and delete the first 0x1000 bytes.

It runs through the Homebrew Launcher v2.5 with HANS. If you don't have a homebrew entry point already installed on your 3ds (ironhax/themehax/ninjhax) then you're kinda boned because browserhax is dead on 9.9.
My question is though, will it wipe out all difficulty modifications you've done? Or will it still sort out 31 IV pokemon enemies, etc

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is though, will it wipe out all difficulty modifications you've done? Or will it still sort out 31 IV pokemon enemies, etc
As long as you only use PK3DS to randomize wild Pokémon it shouldn't change the trainer teams.

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to feed my extracted Rutile romfs/exe folder to PK3DS in a new folder that looks like this: it complains that PK3DS works best with romfs without unnecessary files, but if I feed it a clean decrypted ROMFs, it seems to work fine. Any idea? :s

http://puu.sh/l03GV/69511c0328.jpg
http://puu.sh/l03OC/475f8bf412.jpg
Folder structure for rutile RomFS/Exefs

Also, as someone whom is relatively new to understanding the ROMFs structure since 2.5 finally allowed us without flashcarts to do, what does a code.bin do exactly? I swear I had alot of unstable boots without a code.bin for Rutile in HANS, but it seems fine now without it? I have no idea..

Last edited by Acryt,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to feed my extracted Rutile romfs/exe folder to PK3DS in a new folder that looks like this: it complains that PK3DS works best with romfs without unnecessary files, but if I feed it a clean decrypted ROMFs, it seems to work fine. Any idea? :s

http://puu.sh/l03GV/69511c0328.jpg
http://puu.sh/l03OC/475f8bf412.jpg
Folder structure for rutile RomFS/Exefs

Also, as someone whom is relatively new to understanding the ROMFs structure since 2.5 finally allowed us without flashcarts to do, what does a code.bin do exactly? I swear I had alot of unstable boots without a code.bin for Rutile in HANS, but it seems fine now without it? I have no idea..
First of all, you shouldn't need a "code.bin" for hans. What were you trying to do with it? My hans distribution package includes the code file as rruby.code, which is the syntax hans expects. You need the .code file because that determines data such as item prices and O-power effects.

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, you shouldn't need a "code.bin" for hans. What were you trying to do with it? My hans distribution package includes the code file as rruby.code, which is the syntax hans expects. You need the .code file because that determines data such as item prices and O-power effects.
I haven't yet used your distribution pack, I set it up before you made your distribution pack for hans with an already patched OR into Rutile,
so not knowing exactly what I was doing and wanting to make sure it worked I used the Code.bin that would come from the exefs folder, and renamed it to the expected input for hans (regionid).code at that time. Before, I was having a lot of unstable boots where the game wouldn't get past the title screen, after having both of them enabled in hans all unstability was gone, but now - it doesn't matter and I haven't changed my setup at all and its not unstable without the code.bin. Basically did this all before a lot of us had any idea how to use romhack with hans a night ago or so.

I believe it may have just been some other problem overall then, but you answered my question and it does indeed need that code file(or I obviously wouldn't have items, etc as you said, XD), which is what I wasn't sure on in the first place, and as I can see in your new distribution pack that the one I have and that one are the same, so it's all good.

On another unrelated note, with the CPU OC working, would just need to change "
clock" in the rruby.txt to 1 for it to use, right?

My next dilemma is how to go about playing a randomized version + normal version side by side... seeing as save data is stored on the cart. Lots of save managing, I guess.

Last edited by Acryt,

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Sapphire isn't loading through your banner, not even detecting the files through HANS. The romfs file is names ssaphire.romfs and it's 88,544 KB. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
I own the digital copy of Alpha Sapphire.

Last edited by wuboy,

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Sapphire isn't loading through your banner, not even detecting the files through HANS. The romfs file is names ssaphire.romfs and it's 88,544 KB. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
I own the digital copy of Alpha Sapphire.
Your romfs file you use in HANS should be 1.7gigs big. You need to dump your copy and then apply the romfs file in the distribution zip to your dumped copy of your game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.