ROM Hack Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

bailie1912

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I cant seem to get this to work on saltysd i have been playing waning moon no problem but deleted it and installed umbra moon, followed the guide and when i load moon i dont even get a splash screen now with lunala goes straight to select language and doesnt say anything about umbra moon. Any suggestions??

Trainiax

Certified Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant seem to get this to work on saltysd i have been playing waning moon no problem but deleted it and installed umbra moon, followed the guide and when i load moon i dont even get a splash screen now with lunala goes straight to select language and doesnt say anything about umbra moon. Any suggestions??
You restarted the game. Your save is gone and you're restarting the game. When you restart you're not supposed to see Lunala.

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
Hi I'm posting this because I did drag and drop the Umbra Moon Expanded content on the root of my Sd Card but when I start my Moon game it doesnt apply the mod into it.

I obviously enabled the .code extention option on Luma setting and updated Moon to 1.1. Can anyone help me here?

Try not using the dev build of luma if you have that also make sure the code.bin is in "luma/code_sections/" and named the moon title id.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If your using the dev build of luma don't I had problems with that also make sure the code.bin is in luma/code_sections/ and named the Moon title id and make sure the folder for Umbra moon is named "Umbra_Moon" in the SaltySD folder on the root of your SD Card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok thanks didnt no that. But when i go to select language i dont see anything about umbra sun. Just dont want to go through the long cut scenes to see that it hasnt worked. Is there anyway of knowing that it has worked

You will know it worked if the prof says welcome to Pokemon Umbra Moon Also read what I said above if he does not say that.

Last edited by AecdArmy,

bailie1912

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You restarted the game. Your save is gone and you're restarting the game. When you restart you're not supposed to see Lunala.

Ok thanks didnt no that. But when i go to select language i dont see anything about umbra sun. Just dont want to go through the long cut scenes to see that it hasnt worked. Is there anyway of knowing that it has worked

ken95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try not using the dev build of luma if you have that also make sure the code.bin is in "luma/code_sections/" and named the moon title id.

Oh yea it seems like a have a dev build. It says:
Current installed version: 6.6-b16d887 (dev)
How do I go about going back to normal build?
Because I tried to install normal version and it doesnt change anything...

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
Oh yea it seems like a have a dev build. It says:
Current installed version: 6.6-b16d887 (dev)
How do I go about going back to normal build?
Because I tried to install normal version and it doesnt change anything...

If you have Luma updater installed use that and select Normal Build

If you don't download the latest Luma from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
And replace the arm9loaderhax.bin from the ZIP to the root of your SD Card
Boot the Console while holding select and reconfigure Luma
Make sure you enable the code patching!
Boot the game and see if it works.

Trainiax

Certified Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When Kukui starts talking his second or third line should be Welcome to Umbra Moon. If it doesn't, then something is wrong. Or if you have another copy with a save test that one out.

ken95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have Luma updater installed use that and select Normal Build

If you don't download the latest Luma from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
And replace the arm9loaderhax.bin from the ZIP to the root of your SD Card
Boot the Console while holding select and reconfigure Luma
Make sure you enable the code patching!
Boot the game and see if it works.
I did what you told me but when booting Luma updater it says I still have the same dev build...

bailie1912

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still not working strange because i can get waning moon working. i have followed everything. On the normal build of luma updated to moon 1.1 copied everything to sd card and have all the folders and files renamed but still cant get it to work (prof saying welcome to umbra moon)

Trainiax

Certified Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not working strange because i can get waning moon working. i have followed everything. On the normal build of luma updated to moon 1.1 copied everything to sd card and have all the folders and files renamed but still cant get it to work (prof saying welcome to umbra moon)
If you can't get it to work with SaltySD then try using OnionFS. It's not the best because you need to run NTR but it's a last resort.

bailie1912

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you can't get it to work with SaltySD then try using OnionFS. It's not the best because you need to run NTR but it's a last resort.

If i can get waning moon to work then there should be no reason why umbra doesnt. Must be something stupid that im doing

MurdererFight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh. Don't know then, can't test because using N3DS.
I don't think it's beacuse of my SD card, it's a Samsung Evo+ 32GB Class 10 which is really fast, maybe it need a reset?
EDIT: Tried all possibile ways, it's fault of saltySD i think. Without it the games load at normal speed

Last edited by MurdererFight,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dio Vento I built the Umbra Moon CIA with the Umbra Moon toolkit download, however it has the wrong icon and banner. I shows in FBI and is installed as Pokemon Sun. The icon is Nova Sun (was hard to spot the difference in coloring) and the banner is Nova Sun. It otherwise works fine and Kukui welcomes me to Umbra Moon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: xd