Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Dio Vento, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Dio Vento
    OP

Dio Vento GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    ... You're telling me this whole time instead of manually uploading ten files to MEGA whenever I update the hack i could have just been building the 7z files into my google drive and letting it auto-update?
    Instructions on how to do that are in the OP and second post. If I posted a Randomized build, everyone who gets it would have the same random encounters. Randomizing it yourself isn't hard. Make sure you use the Leveled or Expanded builds as a base for randomizing.

Last edited by Dio Vento, Jun 10, 2017

2. Insight2k

Insight2k GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2013
    Germany
    Do I have to know something beforehand if I want to go online with the expanded build?

3. Dio Vento
    OP

Dio Vento GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Whatever you catch in the Expanded Build won't be legal for trade or battle. No idea how stringent Nintendo's hack checkers are, and I haven't heard of anyone getting banned for using hacked pokemon (thanks to trading) but don't blame me if you get banned for using Expanded Build mons online.

4. nwhiteman42

nwhiteman42 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Michigan
    Maybe it did have a twisted spoon then. I am on 1.7 but it evolved while I was still on 1.6

5. dvicin

dvicin Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2017
    Italy
    I did not understand what to do to play in Italian..
    Can anyone explain me how?
    How do i run the .bat file?
    thx )

6. Dio Vento
    OP

Dio Vento GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    If you're on windows, double click the bat file. All the bat file does is make the title screen work in all languages (it just copies the english intro movie to the other languages). This is to save file size in the distro pack since the intro movie is a relatively large file.
    The game text changes won't be applied in Italian. If you're okay with English i recommend playing in english.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I didn't change evolution methods at all between 1.6 and 1.7 and haven't touched Kadabra's evolution method since v1.3, so you probably just didn't notice the Twisted Spoon. And v1.0 to v1.2 Kadabra just wasn't able to use the Twisted Spoon to evolve.

7. Dunkle

Dunkle Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    United States
    Hey! Everything seems to be working! When i started the game the second time i was prompted with an update though. Is this an update i should install? Without it it still plays

8. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    So how difficult is this mod really compared to normal game?

9. Dio Vento
    OP

Dio Vento GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Assuming you're using the Drag and Drop pack, you need to update. If you don't, the game will freeze whenever you go to a Poké Mart.
    If you built and installed a CIA or are playing through a Gateway, you shouldn't update, or you'll have the same freeze problem.
    Play it yourself and find out!

10. Dunkle

Dunkle Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    United States
    Im wondering what the max level of pokemon i can train on the first island is. I just dont wanna over train and then be screwed

11. Dio Vento
    OP

Dio Vento GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    The game is designed so you'll be properly leveled if you fight all the trainers without grinding in the grass at all. The Kahuna is in the low Lv20s.

12. Acryt

Acryt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Glad to know you've already got plans for the next one :) <3 your romhacks as always.

GamingAori likes this.
  13. Dio Vento
    OP

Dio Vento GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Look, Ultra Sun/Moon are going to be the last 3DS pokemon games, which means they'll be the last ones to get a romhack by me for a damn while. Of course I'm gonna hack them ♥

GamingAori likes this.
  14. Trainiax

Trainiax Certified Genius

Jun 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth
    Didn't realize until now that the USUM hacks have the original names in them "Supernova, Penumbra". Also noticed the trainer in Po Town had three Unowns, a D, I, and O. (DIO)

Dio Vento likes this.
  15. Dunkle

Dunkle Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    United States
    Ive beaten 3 trials and im still unable to find adrenaline orbs at any poke centers

16. Dio Vento
    OP

Dio Vento GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    "Grand Trials" are different from "Trials" when it comes to unlocking Poké Mart shop lists.

17. Dunkle

Dunkle Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    United States
    Ahhh it just said trials so i was confused

18. Cali_terpz

Cali_terpz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
  19. Cali_terpz

Cali_terpz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
  20. jupitteer

jupitteer byErman™

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Inkopolis
    So you're naming the sequel to umbra moon after the much weaker part of a shadow? Sounds like a bad omen...