ROM Hack Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
Just found a minor error. Ace Trainer Jim on Wela Volcano says "I want to make my Kadabra evolve! Friends... I need friends!" after you beat him, but he doesn't have a Kadabra any more. There's also the fact you added new ways to evolve Kadabra, so he wouldn't need friends, but I guess that's a moot point. :P

Reactions: CaptainSwag101

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found a minor error. Ace Trainer Jim on Wela Volcano says "I want to make my Kadabra evolve! Friends... I need friends!" after you beat him, but he doesn't have a Kadabra any more. There's also the fact you added new ways to evolve Kadabra, so he wouldn't need friends, but I guess that's a moot point. :P
Fixed in the next patch.

Tux2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I'm having something really weird happening here. I've tried using Umbra Moon and Nova Sun, using the SaltySD method on 11.4.0-37U with Luma versions 7.0.2, 7.0.3, and 7.0.4 without success I have tried loading off a cartridge as well as installed CIA files without initial save files. After the initial Nintendo 3DS loading screen it goes black. I have successfully loaded this mod onto a friend's 3DS so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. I've got all the files in the right places, I double and triple checked that. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am using version 1.4 of the mod.

Thanks!

Last edited by Tux2,

CaptainSwag101

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I'm having something really weird happening here. I've tried using Umbra Moon and Nova Sun, using the SaltySD method on 11.4.0-37U with Luma versions 7.0.2, 7.0.3, and 7.0.4 without success I have tried loading off a cartridge as well as installed CIA files without initial save files. After the initial Nintendo 3DS loading screen it goes black. I have successfully loaded this mod onto a friend's 3DS so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. I've got all the files in the right places, I double and triple checked that. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am using version 1.4 of the mod.

Are you using A9LH? Did the mod work with previous versions of Luma3DS or the mod?

Tux2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using A9LH? Did the mod work with previous versions of Luma3DS or the mod?
Yes, I am using A9LH. Also, I solved it. I had my ftp client set on auto sense file transfer type. Once I set it to binary all the files transferred just fine. I guess I had that option already set on my laptop which I used for my friend's 3DS.

MrReal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi - first of all thanks for a great mod.

Im using an o3DSXL and I'm currently having trouble running Pokemon Nova Sun and SumoCheatMenu at the same time. The cheatmenu would boot fine, but it would freeze the game after I enable cheats and make any interaction with the game (encounter pokemon, read sign, interact with NPC...)

The SumoCheatMenu works fine when I remove the Pokemon Nova Sun mods.

Are there any known compability issues or have I messed up somewhere?
Actually I found a fix for it. To use SumoCheatMenu and a Rom hack I had to drag the SaltySD content to the root of my SD card then add overwrite the luma folder with the files from the Noa Sun/Umbra Moon rom hack. The crash happens when one puts the SaltySD content inside the luma folder.

SebasContre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
seba.im
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have to say, when I played Pokémon Moon for the first time, I didn't enjoyed it much, it felt easy, without much challenge and I didn't even finished the game, I left it in the middle of Po Town and didn't touch it again.

However, when I saw the announcement of this romhack published in r/3dshacks, and then the let's play challenge. I thought "Hey, why not?" And started playing live on Youtube.

And it was fun, challenging, stressful and surprising. It made me happy, made me angry. I hated many of the trainer's strategies, and then I was satisfied to be able to fight over the. And the stress of broadcasting, with more people watching what I was doing, accompanying, leaving their commends, supporting me, suggesting me movements, only made the experience better.

Thanks for that range of emotions, I really enjoyed playing Pokémon Umbra Moon. I had a great time playing, and it was all thanks to your romhack

PS: I just made a donation of $ 15, it's not much, but that's what I can do now. I love this romhack.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, when I played Pokémon Moon for the first time, I didn't enjoyed it much, it felt easy, without much challenge and I didn't even finished the game, I left it in the middle of Po Town and didn't touch it again.

However, when I saw the announcement of this romhack published in r/3dshacks, and then the let's play challenge. I thought "Hey, why not?" And started playing live on Youtube.

And it was fun, challenging, stressful and surprising. It made me happy, made me angry. I hated many of the trainer's strategies, and then I was satisfied to be able to fight over the. And the stress of broadcasting, with more people watching what I was doing, accompanying, leaving their commends, supporting me, suggesting me movements, only made the experience better.

Thanks for that range of emotions, I really enjoyed playing Pokémon Umbra Moon. I had a great time playing, and it was all thanks to your romhack

PS: I just made a donation of $ 15, it's not much, but that's what I can do now. I love this romhack.
Thank you very much! I watched a good amount of your LP series, despite not understanding Spanish. Well done to beat the game! You'll be added to the game as a replacement for Ace Trainer Cole in the next build of Nova Sun and Umbra Moon.

SkullCorazon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any way to reduce the number of wild encounters? Because in the expanded version I can not take 5 steps without finding some pokémon

OBS:By the way, I burned my tongue when I said it was not challenging, I'm really stressing even with the simplest trainers, congratulations to your work!

Last edited by SkullCorazon,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to reduce the number of wild encounters? Because in the expanded version I can not take 5 steps without finding some pokémon

OBS:By the way, I burned my tongue when I said it was not challenging, I'm really stressing even with the simplest trainers, congratulations to your work!
Wild encounter frequency isn't something the romhack is responsible for, but all marts sell Max Repels (from the beginning of the game) if you want to encounter less Pokémon.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Sorry for an off topic-ish question. I have never played a Pokémon game before and from what I’ve read SuMo seems to be the obvious choice being the latest entry. I’m also interested in the extra challenge since I won’t probably have time for online and the Expanded build looks just fine to me. Am I good to go or should I stick with vanilla instead?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for an off topic-ish question. I have never played a Pokémon game before and from what I’ve read SuMo seems to be the obvious choice being the latest entry. I’m also interested in the extra challenge since I won’t probably have time for online and the Expanded build looks just fine to me. Am I good to go or should I stick with vanilla instead?
This mod will have somewhat of a stiff learning curve if you're not even a little familiar with Pokémon. You could go for it, but make sure you read item and move descriptions carefully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.