Pokémon Gold and Silver 3DS virtual console games to get boxed release in EU

IMG_3673.JPG

In the last Nintendo Direct, we were given the announcement that the GameBoy Color classics, Pokémon Gold and Silver would both be getting the virtual console treatment on the Nintendo 3DS. The games would also support Pokémon Bank, allowing for players to transport any creatures caught into the modern games. However, Nintendo of Europe had a curious Tweet today, showing off physical versions for these games. Stylized to look just like their original boxed release, both Gold and Silver will be sold on store shelves. As to the contents of the box itself, the only thing inside is a 3DS e-Shop download code and some stickers. This has only been announced for Europe at the time of writing, and doesn't appear to be scheduled for America.

Update: They're 9 pounds per game, one copy each limited per consumer.
:arrow: Nintendo UK

Last edited by Chary,

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should bring back the heartgold soulsilver pre order bonus figurines as amiibos to include in this package, if you scan the ho oh in pokemon silver you can encounter it and scanning lugia in gold will allow you to encounter it as well
pokemon-heartgold-soulsilver-pre-order-bonus-toy-figures.jpg

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
lawl. moar money for Big N, by just reissuing old games. But seriously, why do Nintendo have hired some designers to do a empty box with only in it one paper which says "GET YOUR FCKING GAME ON THE ESHOP" (and when you go to it you see that your console is banned due to CFW duhhh imagine) and you have "kawaii stickers waaaw arigato gosaimasu"

Reactions: qaz015393

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Japanese release has confirmed as bonuses stickers, a poster with Johto Pokemon and... a Cartridge-shaped magnet, probably to make NRTBoothax easier xDDD

S

Saiyan Lusitano

So this is only for the European Union, huh.
thinking.png

I quite like those boxes but if I do pre-order them, it'll be to resell on eBay if they happen to be made in limited quantities as usual.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We're here complaining about why the fuck would they make a empty box with some paper in it while probably later collectors are gonna be fucking killing people for them.
Yeah, you can bet these will sell very well regardless.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

i would get them if they included carts with the games...
but a whole box for a serial code, fuck no, will get the original ones
Loose carts on eBay are somewhat cheap so makes sense if people did that. Nintendo could have included the VC games on 3DS cartridges but you know Nintendo.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No .. this is stupid .. I shall treasure my Pokemon Heart gold Cart version & its real box & instruction manual (somewheres in one of my totes ) Not to keen on this Digital release but hey each to there own ..

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They should bring back the heartgold soulsilver pre order bonus figurines as amiibos to include in this package, if you scan the ho oh in pokemon silver you can encounter it and scanning lugia in gold will allow you to encounter it as well
View attachment 96259
Now, pay attention to the width of the box...
Do you think those "amiibo"s will be big enough to justify, pretty much 90% of an empty box? Oh, 0.5% for a printed digital code.

Honestly, not to argue with anyone... but perhaps, just perhaps if they included some kind of Real Cartridge Replica with the leyend: (not a playable game)... that'd would worth the whole box thing.
This is just my opinion to be honest.

EDIT: Seriously? 130 blocks of space for a GBC game?
Cave Story is just 17 blocks!

Last edited by Gizametalman,

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have my original copies CIB with the save battery working so I properly wont buy this just for an empty box and a code. Hope they do indeed come with something else if not, I'll pass like I did on other vc games that I already own.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, pay attention to the width of the box...
Do you think those "amiibo"s will be big enough to justify, pretty much 90% of an empty box? Oh, 0.5% for a printed digital code.

Honestly, not to argue with anyone... but perhaps, just perhaps if they included some kind of Real Cartridge Replica with the leyend: (not a playable game)... that'd would worth the whole box thing.
This is just my opinion to be honest.

EDIT: Seriously? 130 blocks of space for a GBC game?
Cave Story is just 17 blocks!
Of course the amiibos I proposed wouldn't fit in the box, this was merely a "hmm would've been cool if this happened" type of comment, but I mean go off and waste your time replying to my comment trying to convince me about something that I already knew wasn't going to happen in a bundle I never intended to buy lmao

S

Saiyan Lusitano

that would be a giant waste of money for nintendo
That's why they're not even going to bother. Nintendo knows its herd will buy it no matter what.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I still have my original copies CIB with the save battery working so I properly wont buy this just for an empty box and a code. Hope they do indeed come with something else if not, I'll pass like I did on other vc games that I already own.
After this is a success it'll be like:

Nintendo Employee A: The 3DS Pokémon Gold & Silver retail copies sold really well.
Nintendo Employee B: They really did.
Nintendo Employee A: We should slowly but surely cut down retail prints of our games to only featuring a box and a download code inside.
Nintendo Employee B: Excellent idea! Let's do that from now on.
Nintendo Employee A: And thus. We have just saved ourselves so much money. The stupid cattle will buy it regardless.

:P

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
honestly i don't care if they released this box with a 3DS cartridge that contains the VC game and pay a bit more just so i could keep the game.. i just want to own the games i purchase. Like hold them 20 years later and still be able to play it.. imagine your 3DS dying years later and 3DS eShop is dead, you won't be able to transfer your legit game to a 3DS you found for cheap on a swap market..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup