Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unfortunately, I use a Mac, so I can't use the program itself.
It should work with Mono as well. I haven't tried it on a Mac though; if you try it, let me know if it works.

Would using the Reset Pokemon Passwords code allow official passwords to be reused? I've used the Dratini password, so I loaded my save with the code active and tried to input the Dratini password again, but it said that the password had already been used. So I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if the Reset code just doesn't work like that.

I'm using retail version, ARDSi and a DS, if that information is relevant. Thanks for any help anyone can give me!
Yes, it should allow you to reuse official passwords... so it shouldn't be giving that message. I wouldn't know why it won't work for you; it worked fine on emulators when I tried it. Do any other AR codes for Conquest work for you? If not, you might have to use a master code and AR fix code.

That said, entering passwords while the code is active should be useless since the slot will be reset as soon as you enter the password. To use it correctly, load up your save with the code active, save, turn the code off and then you can enter passwords again.

ChrisFFXI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been hesitant to download programs that allow .exe programs to run on Mac, since this is my work computer, but I might have to give it a shot. I'll let you know if I do!

Yes, I use the master code and ARDS fix, and have been using a Link multiplier and the code to get the Motochika (sp?) event. So, I haven't been having problems using the codes. I just followed your instructions too - loaded my game with the code active, saved, then shut off my ds and started again without the code active, and it still recognizes the Dratini password as already having been used.

I wonder if the Master/ARDS fix codes are somehow interfering? I used to get a white screen until I used both of them, but just now I tried using just the master code and the game loaded. I wonder if having the Master code active stops the Reset code from working? The ARDSi keeps the master code constantly active, so I might have to get back on the computer to take it off, and see if the Reset code works if the master code isn't active.

Edit: Nope, that was dumb. Taking out the Master Code made the ARDSi load to a white screen. So, I guess I need both the master and fix codes to use AR codes. Which is what I was doing before (and like I said, I've been able to use other codes), but this one particular code doesn't seem to want to work for me.

Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, no idea why it wouldn't be working, then. Try this instead?

::Overwrite Password Slots
:::Avoid entering multiple at once
520A8EC8 EBFE928F
020A8EC8 EA00002B
D2000000 00000000

It doesn't really clear your password slots, but it might be good enough.

ChrisFFXI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, no good, still tells me the password has already been used. I put the password in for Beldum, and it shows up the next month. After I got one, I advanced to the next month, saved with the code active, then started up again without the code active, and tried putting in the password, but no good.

I must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what. Maybe the game just doesn't allow the same passwords to be used, but you can use new passwords if you keep clearing out the flags? Like, if I use the generator to get 64 Eevees, I can't use any of those exact passwords or any other passwords again, but if I clear the flags, I can use new, different passwords to get 64 more Eevees.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to help me out, Professor! It's not a big deal, I'll just try the wild pokemon modifier when I start a new game and see if that really is glitchy or not. Thanks again!

Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, no... the "Overwrite Slots" code should be active when you try to input a password.

Well, if the Overwrite code doesn't work for you I wouldn't know what the problem is. This is about as simple as I can make the code, sorry.

There is no such thing as a cache of recently entered passwords; all that's saved is the flag and Pokémon index. The Overwrite makes it so the game skips the whole password acceptance check that comes after password validation.

ChrisFFXI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were standing next to me right now, I'd give you a great big slobbering kiss, and then I'd probably have to run for my life, but that's okay!

The Overwrite Slots code works for me (I wasn't entering the password while the code was active), and I think I see why now after you explained it. So, I won't be able to use more than 64 passwords, but I can repeat passwords for as much as I want until I run out of room, right? Which works just fine for me, I only need it for a handful of Eevees anyways. This is great! Now I don't have to choose which Eevee evolution I want, I can just hoard them all.

Thanks a ton for all your time and help, Professor! I really appreciate it.

Sudoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you were standing next to me right now, I'd give you a great big slobbering kiss, and then I'd probably have to run for my life, but that's okay!

The Overwrite Slots code works for me (I wasn't entering the password while the code was active), and I think I see why now after you explained it. So, I won't be able to use more than 64 passwords, but I can repeat passwords for as much as I want until I run out of room, right? Which works just fine for me, I only need it for a handful of Eevees anyways. This is great! Now I don't have to choose which Eevee evolution I want, I can just hoard them all.

Thanks a ton for all your time and help, Professor! I really appreciate it.

Sorry but, I have to enter the password with the overwrite code enabled and after doing that, do I have to save and exit the game and disable the cheat code?

I´m doing that and the password has been recognized, but after advancing to next month nothing happened ...

Can you please tell me how did you managed to make it work?

ChrisFFXI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but, I have to enter the password with the overwrite code enabled and after doing that, do I have to save and exit the game and disable the cheat code?

I´m doing that and the password has been recognized, but after advancing to next month nothing happened ...

Aish, I'm sorry, but I jumped the gun. Turns out it doesn't work for me either, I just got excited about seeing the password being accepted again. The same thing is happening to me - password is being accepted, but nothing actually happens the next month. I'm trying to fiddle with it and see if I can make it work, if I stumble across something, I'll be sure to let you know.

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Aish, I'm sorry, but I jumped the gun. Turns out it doesn't work for me either, I just got excited about seeing the password being accepted again. The same thing is happening to me - password is being accepted, but nothing actually happens the next month. I'm trying to fiddle with it and see if I can make it work, if I stumble across something, I'll be sure to let you know.

I think you need to get to the area where that Pokemon appears, cause I entered an official password for dratini, but it doesn't show up for me since I'm not even half there in my gameplay... :P

Sudoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I think you need to get to the area where that Pokemon appears, cause I entered an official password for dratini, but it doesn't show up for me since I'm not even half there in my gameplay... :P

What I´m doing is I enable the "clear all passwords" cheat code and start the game, after starting it, I save and exit the game.

Disable the "clear all passwords" cheat code and start the game, now you can enter again all passwords codes again!

That works just fine ... Just remember, if you enter a password while the "clear all passwords" cheat code is enabled the password will be reconized but nothing will happen after you advance to the next month.

Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, sorry for not checking it more thoroughly. Don't bother "fiddling with it" as it's not going to work like this...

I've fixed the code and taken the time to polish it up a little, so now you don't have to worry about accidentally entering multiple passwords per month. There are two versions, a regular version and an alternate version; they both have the same effect but the alternate version is longer because it uses less advanced code types. First try the regular one and if it doesn't work, try the alternate version. Can you let me know which works for you?

::Overwrite Password Slots v2
:::You can only enter 1 password at a time
520A8EC8 EBFE928F
E20A8EC8 0000001C
EA000009 EBFE928E
EBFE92AC E1A01007
E3A02000 EBFE83C2
EA00003B 00000000
020A8F2C E1A00000
020A8F90 EAFFFFCD
D2000000 00000000

::Overwrite Password Slots v2 (Alternate)
:::You can only enter 1 password at a time
520A8EC8 EBFE928F
020A8EC8 EA000009
020A8ECC EBFE928E
020A8ED0 EBFE92AC
020A8ED4 E1A01007
020A8ED8 E3A02000
020A8EDC EBFE83C2
020A8EE0 EA00003B
020A8F2C E1A00000
020A8F90 EAFFFFCD
D2000000 00000000

Reactions: FormX and Sudoman

ChrisFFXI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're fast!

First one works perfectly for me, the pokemon shows up the next month. I left the code on when I advanced to the next month, but I'm going to save after I've entered the password and advance to the next month without the code active, to see if it works that way as well. I'll also try the alternate version to see if that one works for me too, but for now, the regular version is doing exactly what I hoped it would do, and what I needed. Thanks so much, Professor!

Sudoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you so much Prof. 9 for fixing it up so quickly!

Both are working great, now we can let the cheat ON and use the passwords without changing its slots.

Nice work!

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What I´m doing is I enable the "clear all passwords" cheat code and start the game, after starting it, I save and exit the game.

Disable the "clear all passwords" cheat code and start the game, now you can enter again all passwords codes again!

That works just fine ... Just remember, if you enter a password while the "clear all passwords" cheat code is enabled the password will be reconized but nothing will happen after you advance to the next month.

Problem is that I own the game for real, so I don't know why the Pokemon doesn't show up... ah well... :P

Sudoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Problem is that I own the game for real, so I don't know why the Pokemon doesn't show up... ah well... :P
Are you trying a Pokemon Password or an Event Password? I ask that because if you enter some of the Event Password without Finishing the First Story nothing will happen when you advance a month...
Have you already tried the new cheat code? That Overwrite Password Slots v2 should work for you, you can let the cheat code ON and play it normally ...
You can insert password while this cheat code is active ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: