BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great Hack!
I am playing Pokémon BlazeBlack 1.0 on a DSTWO (and loving it).
The hack is incredibly error free, but I think I have found a couple of documentation bugs.
I caught several Pokemon in Lostlorn Forest that I cannot find listed in the "Wild Pokemon.rtf" file.
Grass, Double: Manectric, Scorupi, Lopunny, Pawniard, Foretress, Drifblim,
Grass, Special: Seviper, Zangoose,
I am preparing to switch to BlazeBlackLegendary 1.1 for a while now. Thanks for making and sharing this Gem!

The only time I have ever had problems patching a game is when I downloaded a bad or incorrect .nds file.
Usually wrong location (E) vs. (U) or AP patched when clean is required or vice versa or a trim problem.
I used (E) unpatched (I think) and untrimmed for Blaze/Volt.
grog.gif
lecture.gif

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both patches work fine. Both ways to patch work fine. Every file in the .zip works.
Drayano, did you create all this on Windows 7? Still wouldn 't be reason enough for all these issues. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me, these work fine :/

I hope these people know they need to use a CLEAN, not trimmed, un-touched ROM.

Anyone having problems:
1. You're prolly using Windows XP or Vista.
They suck. Upgrade to W7. Period.

2. You prolly have a crappy AV that's stopping xDelta/UPS-patcher from working properly?

3. List what flashcart you have.
We need a list of what flashcarts this game works on at the moment - So far that I know of it will not work on TTDS.

4. List what the problem is. - Error? Wth happened?

5. List what Operating System is on your computer and your Anti-Virus.

Twanny Bizzle-Th

Trophies
Somewhere pulling my pants up. I need a belt. :\
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
drayno?...same one from datube, right? It's me! Redkoopa! Remember? How's youse been? I didn't know you had an account here. Cool!

anyways...I'm gone for lil' while and you've done gone and released a black and white mod? I had no idea you were planning this! Man, talk about beating me to da point. Now, I gots to catch up. Anyways, blaze black and volt white, eh? very cool name for these mods, man...Still thinking of a name for when I release mine...someday.
...I wasn't going to bother in doing one, but I guess this convinced me.

anyways, though...I guess I'll try your mod out, I mean, they do seem very interesting, also, like your spirit gold game, I bet the battle with the gym leaders can be rather hectic, as fighting six pokemon can always be tedious and tough. 'speically when first just starting out.

also, could you give me the offsets/narc for the pokemon level up moves and the move themselves. If don't want to...I'll understand. I've seen from reading your description that it's possible to edit them. This is all I need, I already knewn how to hex edit...just a little...Well, I just couldn't find those offsets...for some strange reason.

Once again, thanks. And I will try at least one of your mods out. Gonna play it on meh no$gba. I've already played zark's game. he didn't edited that much of the wild pokes, but he did make it a bit challenging...

Alright catch youse on the flipside, man!

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
Both patches work fine. Both ways to patch work fine. Every file in the .zip works.
Drayano, did you create all this on Windows 7? Still wouldn 't be reason enough for all these issues. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me, these work fine :/

I hope these people know they need to use a CLEAN, not trimmed, un-touched ROM.

Anyone having problems:
1. You're prolly using Windows XP or Vista.
They suck. Upgrade to W7. Period.

2. You prolly have a crappy AV that's stopping xDelta/UPS-patcher from working properly?

3. List what flashcart you have.
We need a list of what flashcarts this game works on at the moment - So far that I know of it will not work on TTDS.

4. List what the problem is. - Error? Wth happened?

5. List what Operating System is on your computer and your Anti-Virus.
[*]Some of us can't or don't want to upgrade to Windows 7. We shouldn't have to just to patch a file. XP may be at the the end of its life, but it is still used by a majority of people and businesses.[*]Anti-virus should have nothing to do with this. I have a Mac and have run into similar problems with other xDelta patches before. No AV to "interfere" with anything.[*]Most of the problems steam from patching the ROM, so make and model of flashcart shouldn't matter. Only flashcart I know has "issues" with patched ROMs is TTDS/DSTT.[*]If the user uses a basic script to patch the ROM, there is no error message given. [*]OS might have something to do with the issues people are having, but I think I remember people having issues with the BW translation patch on XP, Vista, and 7. Again, AV shouldn't have anything to do with it.I really think the problem might steam from the ROM people are patching, the OS they are using, the version of xDelta or UPS they are patching with, or some combination of the three. Unfortunately, without having the exact OS, patcher, ROM, and setup people are using it is very hard to pinpoint what the problem is coming from.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I made all of the patches and whatnot on Windows 7, yes. I would also place bets that the problems are stemming from the actual ROMs chosen, although there do appear to be some people that can't do it whatever the case. I really don't know why...

Also yeah, I remember you Redkoopa. Thanks
tongue.gif

The narcs are a/0/1/8 and a/0/2/1 respectively.

Something tells me I should write a tutorial...

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, every wild Pokémon is there. No wild Feraligatr, though there are wild Totodile.

---

Released Version 1.2. This download contains a "Clean" version that takes the hack back to its basics. Download links and first post updated. Game IDs of the clean versions are different, for the record, though I haven't checked what they are.

Twanny Bizzle-Th

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
I made all of the patches and whatnot on Windows 7, yes. I would also place bets that the problems are stemming from the actual ROMs chosen, although there do appear to be some people that can't do it whatever the case. I really don't know why...

Also yeah, I remember you Redkoopa. Thanks
tongue.gif

The narcs are a/0/1/8 and a/0/2/1 respectively.

Something tells me I should write a tutorial...
So, you do remember me...I'm so flattered. Awesome. Oh, I swung by your account and saw that you made a vid featuring your mod. Looks pretty good from my end, bro. I think I'm gonna really enjoy this...Hope its challenging enough

Oh, and Yeah...Dude, you totally should! Make dat tutorial for the noobs out there; And yes, I'm counting myself, mind you....And once you do, it'll be completely clicked on like a too small neck tie, cuz I'm tight like that. LOL

But before you do, let me ask: When concerning the level up pokes move...are there still a max of 20 slots in the moveset pool like in 4th gen game...or is there more, now. Oh, and one thing, when I'm editing a pokemon, let's say Cubchoo level up moves, should it go like this...

First, the hex number of the Pokemon's index number in this case Cubchoos.
Second, the level of which I want Cubchoo to learn his new attack.
Third, the index number of the attack I want Cubchoo to learn; I'm gonna use the attack Ice Punch as the example in this.
So all in all, the hex edit should go like this: 65 02 23 08?

As you already know Cubchoo index number is 613 and the hex number for 613 is 265, but since the hex numbers from the rom appears so strangely they always put the last two number first, so it appears like this 652 and always adds additional 0 to the that's number left; in this case the number 2, so it appear like this: 02.

The number 23, because it's the hex number for the number 35.
The 08 because it the hex number for the number 8; also I noticed the hex doesn't appear in single number, so I added the 08. Also 8 is the number on which Ice Punch appears in the list of all Pokemon moves...At least, that's was its number in 4th gen games. I have no idea if it's the same now.

Once again, thanks for remembering lil ol' meh and I decided to playthrough Blaze Black, cuz I have the real Black version at home.

Whew...I sorta wrote a lot...

Anyways...PLEASE...Tell me if this is how you worked your imported level up magic, thanks. This just my hunch on how you did...after all.

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow gr8 hack so far I'm VERY impressed that you did all of this with hex editing! So far, I just beat lenora and boy, she was tough! Looking forward to Pinwheel forest!
smile.gif

Wickerbasket

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my issue with the new update:

1. I used the same untrimmed and unpatched ROMs as when I patched version 1.0 of this hack. I still had the .rar files of the unaltered ROMs, so I just re-extracted some new ones.

2. I know how to patch a ROM using xDelta, since I was able to do so for v1.0, however, even though I was using the same untrimmed/unpatched ROMs as I did for v1.0, it did not patch.

3. When I chose the .patch file and the corresponding ROM, and clicked apply patch, the xdelta locked up as it usually does, but there was no _patched.nds file created.

4. When I tried it with the tsukuyomi UPS patcher, I got the same "Failed! Checksum invalid" error message as:
cooleo said:
UPS patcher says.....Failed! Checksum invalid.....2nd patcher to NOT work....
Where would you suggest I go from here?

Shoran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you sir, for giving me a reason now to use Serperior. Who can say no to STAB Draco Meteor and Leaf Storm along with a +2 stat boost?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
...I hope I didn't make the patches on the wrong ROMs accidentally :x I'll check it out later. In the meantime, could anyone else try the clean/other patches and see if they work?

Redkoopa - Well the level up moves are in the format XX XX YY 00, where XX XX is the attack's hex number flipped and YY is the level it learns. Each Pokémon is bordered by FF FF FF FF.

Unfortunately I haven't seen any way to add new slots this time around so you're stuck with what you've got to begin with. Evolved forms are usually easier due to duplicate moves, but you'll just have to replace moves instead with a lot of them.

smartguy_alec - Easiest way is probably to use the R4 cheat code editor. There's an option to find Game ID in one of the drop-down menus at the top.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for making and uploading the "clean" version of the hack. I will be using it to complete my dex in my retail game (dump save then write it back).

Drayano, can you post the md5 checksum for the ROM you used? Same goes for people having issues with patching there ROMs. Since we can't compare the actual files, that is the next best thing.

Description of MD5 checksums: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checksum
Download of md5sum w/ directions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5sum

Twanny Bizzle-Th

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
...I hope I didn't make the patches on the wrong ROMs accidentally :x I'll check it out later. In the meantime, could anyone else try the clean/other patches and see if they work?

Redkoopa - Well the level up moves are in the format XX XX YY 00, where XX XX is the attack's hex number flipped and YY is the level it learns. Each Pokémon is bordered by FF FF FF FF.

Unfortunately I haven't seen any way to add new slots this time around so you're stuck with what you've got to begin with. Evolved forms are usually easier due to duplicate moves, but you'll just have to replace moves instead with a lot of them.

smartguy_alec - Easiest way is probably to use the R4 cheat code editor. There's an option to find Game ID in one of the drop-down menus at the top.
okay, okay...cool this REALLY helps...I understood it all. No, seriously, I did...You explained quite well, just like a teacher would. Okay, so everytime I see FF FF FF FF in the hex editor, then that means it represent a Pokemon; in which case I'm talking about bulbasaur's moveset which first appears in the offset of 00001514 which can be found over the 00001500. The last attack it learn, which is SeedBomb, its hex number is 92 01 and the level which it learns it is 37 which is 25 00 in hex, then I see the next FF FF FF FF which I will assume is Ivysaur's moveset. It's really easy to follow, thanks from your help. It suxs that you can't add a new attack to the movepool...I really wanted to give Tyrogue and Delibird a moveset just like I did in Neo SoulSilver...Oh, well.

oh, now could I get you to explain to me how the pokemon attack effect work this time around. You know, how you made Struggle Bug take 80...How do I edit the pokes attack effect. Pretty please. I know you're probably getting tired of me asking you for help, so I promise I'll leave you alone after dis.

btw Ler...whatever that second gym leader's name is...she's a dick, if a woman could have one. She literally wipe the floor with my team's ass with her Lv22 Buffolant...Damn Buffolant using Rock Tomb and gettin faster than my pokemon after the same turn...Dude, now you know that bullshit! LOL

knivez69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone has trouble patching with xDelta GUI,

Just patch through xDelta in cmd/DOS mode.
I did that the first time it didnt work for me.

Don't know how? Tell me here and I;ll post a tut.

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smartguy_alec said:
hmmm, how do you find the new game ID upon updating to version 1.2 (clean version)?
wink.gif

There is program called "R4CCE" (R4 Cheat Code Editor) - it's pretty easy to find the game ID with it.

QUOTE(knivez69 @ Apr 9 2011, 09:46 PM) If anyone has trouble patching with xDelta GUI,

Just patch through xDelta in cmd/DOS mode.
I did that the first time it didnt work for me.

Don't know how? Tell me here and I;ll post a tut.
I'm not having issues but I would like to see documentation on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."