ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano,
I wrote up a quick guide that you can use in the 1st post if you would like. Since a lot of people are having issues patching this it might help everyone out.

What you need:
WinRar - or prefered extracting program.
Pokemon Black/White ROM - EUR or US. - DO NOT ASK WHERE TO GET IT.
The patch.
Patience. This is really simple.
Also, This is using Pokemon Black as the example, the same concept is applied for Pokemon White.

1. Right click the BlazeBlack VoltWhite.zip file
2. Choose Extract here.
2lwujcn.jpg

3. This box will pop up and close when it's done. (It's pretty fast, depending on your computer)
24cf61d.png

4. Place you ROM in the Folder called "Patches"
5. Rename the ROM "PokemonBlazeBlack" (OPTIONAL; NAME IT WHATEVER)
15wnsqw.png

6. Right click on xDelta GUI and choose Run As Administrator! (Important for Windows 7 Users!)
znmzrc.png

7. When xDelta GUI opens click on "Select Patch"
8. Choose "BlazeBlack.patch" and click "Open"
kb9a42.png

9. Now, click on "Select ROM" and choose your Pokemon Black ROM (US/EUR) and then click "Open"
90oks6.png

10. Press "Apply Patch" on xDelta.
21bojo4.png

11. In your folder a file will appear like this pictures shows: (With the same name as your rom but with "_patched.nds" at the end
12. You will notice this files SIZE is 0 at first, that means xDelta is NOT done. Wait until it changes to the same size as the original rom.
i3c6eh.png

13. When the "_patched.nds"file has the same size as the original ROM it is done!
27yoaj6.png

14. Copy/Paste the "_patched'd"ROM to your microSD Cards where-ever your games are and try it out.
If anyone feels that this should be altered in any way speak up.
I used Windows 7 to do this and am temporarily using this patch on a R4. When I know anything about the state of getting this on TTDS I will be more than happy to let anyone interested know.
Hope it helps.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hatchetball said:
Drayano,
I wrote up a quick guide that you can use in the 1st post if you would like. Since a lot of people are having issues patching this it might help everyone out.

*snip*

I used Windows 7 to do this and am temporarily using this patch on a R4. When I know anything about the state of getting this on TTDS I will be more than happy to let anyone interested know.
Hope it helps.

This did not work for me at all....the guiide is good but the xdelta does nothing at all......dosnt create the 'patched' version...btw im using XP.........these type of patches NEVER work for me.......

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another great hack. Just like SG, this is the "complete" version of BW that hardcore players will love. I just started my first playthrough (retail cart) so it will be awhile until I get a chance to give this a try.

Valatros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
-Snipped-

Valatros - Haha, thank you. It isn't a glitch in fact - Cheren's Snivy had the Contrary ability, which reverses any stat changes applied to it, so your stat-downs become stat-ups and vice-versa. It's fine normally, but watch out for them!

Eheh, oh. Nevermind me, then! Can tell how much I know about these games. Whoops.

As a little more feedback now that I've played it for awhile more, it may be a good idea to vary the "available" levels a bit to try and deal with the pokemon density issue that comes with 600 pokemon in one region. Like have the most common types be the lowest level, and the 5% ones a bit higher, so that you could use a Repel with a properly leveled pokemon (or just one of the local weak ones leveled a couple times) to make the hunt less annoying. I'm sure many people, like me, have favorites that they're going for the moment they reach a point in the game they can get them, and it'd be nice if there was something we could do other'n fight a million battles and pray for luck every map that this is the case.

This'd be solved by adding more regions and spreading the pokemon out of course, which suspecting the problem would come up is why I mentioned it before, but as an alternative that's probably doable with current tools, the level solution seems more realistic.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cooleo said:
Hatchetball said:
Drayano,

*snip*

Hope it helps.

This did not work for me at all....the guiide is good but the xdelta does nothing at all......dosnt create the 'patched' version...btw im using XP.........these type of patches NEVER work for me.......

Do the Drag/Drop patches work for you? (Drag/drop the rom over a patch.exe file and it would create a patched output file example pkmnblack_patched.nds)
Alot of XP users have had to rely on the drag/drop methods to get it to work.
If you have msn pm me your email and I can help you get the game working.
Also what cart are you using?

QUOTE(Ziko @ Apr 7 2011, 01:37 PM)
Will this work for the US version of White?
Yes. Mine was done using a US rom.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Loving this hack
smile.gif
wish I could apply it to my official cartridge
frown.gif
Anyway you can make a version with random encounters for legendarys? maybe make them 1% battle chance?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, the hack is updated! Say hello to version 1.1.

Changes are as follows:
+ There's now a normal and legendary version. The legendary version will allow you to get all 649 Pokémon if you don't mind screwing the presentation up a bit. See the first post for more details.

+ There have been four new type changes. Gothita, Gothorita and Gothitelle are now Psychic / Dark, and Farfetch'd is now Fighting / Flying (in addition to getting a slightly increased stat boost).

+ Some battles have been edited slightly, either to make them harder or to introduce the new changes.

+ Some abilities have been changed. Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Lotad, Lombre and Ludicolo have had their original abilities restored, and Bellossom now gains Own Tempo rather than Natural Cure.

+ A couple of problems have been fixed, such as two incorrectly placed Wild Pokémon (one from a typo, one I forgot to change later in development) and a trainer in Challenger's Cave having a ? Pokémon (forgot to close that slot).

+ Further edits to level up moves have been applied, to the following Pokémon: Growlithe, Arcanine, Vulpix, Ninetales, Skarmory, Farfetch'd, Bellossom, Natu, Xatu, Carnivine.

+ Black City trainers have been edited. Their Pokémon now depend on which version of the hack you use (Normal or Legendary).

+ The download now contains UPS patches with the tsukuyomi patcher, in addition to the xdelta patches present before.

+ The levels of static one-time encounter Pokémon have been raised. Reshiram and Zekrom can now actually fight!

---

Hopefully, that should improve it a bit.

Hatchetball - Thanks for the guide, I'll put it in the first post.

Valatros - Heh, perhaps equal levels for everything wasn't such a good idea after all. ^^; I'll consider it, but it's a hell of a lot of effort to edit that many hex values :x Good suggestion though regardless.

People with patching problems - I am praying that the ups one will work for you instead. xdelta does seem a bit on the unstable side.

Everyone else - Thank you for the compliments and such!

smartguy_alec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for such a wonderful hack. How I wish this was how Gamefreak did the game.
biggrin.gif

If it's not too much to ask, can you please make a version of this hack without changing the Pokemon's types, abilities and learnset?

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Will be testing Legendary out tomorrow!
Any news on a TTDS fix? I guess a bunch of us will have to PM Retro :/
I really hope he gives us some support here.

EDIT: And you're welcome Drayano.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
smartguy_alec said:
Thanks for such a wonderful hack. How I wish this was how Gamefreak did the game.
biggrin.gif

If it's not too much to ask, can you please make a version of this hack without changing the Pokemon's types, abilities and learnset?
I'm too lazy to split the hack up even more, but if you can replace the a/0/1/6 and a/0/1/8 narc files with those from the original BW, that'll do it.

Okay I'm working on it right now, clean Pokémon/Level Up moves/Attacks. I'm gonna have to edit a few trainers as well though, seeing as I used my new stuff...

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cooleo said:
UPS patcher says.....Failed! Checksum invalid.....2nd patcher to NOT work....
...Oh for christ's sake
frown.gif

I guess I'll just have to upload it. Can you give me which particular version you want?

ie Blaze Black or Volt White
Regular Normal, Regular Legendary, or Clean Normal?

(Clean is something I'm working on that removes all of the changes I did to the Pokémon themselves and their attacks and whatnot)

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
smartguy_alec said:
biggrin.gif

I'm too lazy to split the hack up even more, but if you can replace the a/0/1/6 and a/0/1/8 narc files with those from the original BW, that'll do it.

Okay I'm working on it right now, clean Pokémon/Level Up moves/Attacks. I'm gonna have to edit a few trainers as well though, seeing as I used my new stuff...
Thanks for taking the time to make the "clean" version. That way we can have a "legal" complete version of BW. I play semi-competitively, so keeping stuff "mostly" legit would be nice.
smile.gif

Drayano said:
QUOTE(cooleo @ Apr 8 2011, 11:58 AM)
UPS patcher says.....Failed! Checksum invalid.....2nd patcher to NOT work....
...Oh for christ's sake
frown.gif

I guess I'll just have to upload it. Can you give me which particular version you want?

ie Blaze Black or Volt White
Regular Normal, Regular Legendary, or Clean Normal?

(Clean is something I'm working on that removes all of the changes I did to the Pokémon themselves and their attacks and whatnot)
: sighs: Sucks that it has come to that. I haven't been able to test the patch file myself, but I'm thinking its not going to work on my Mac. I had similar problem with the BW translation patch awhile back. I think it has something to do with subtle difference between ROMs due to different methods of dumping carts. I know if you have a trimmed ROM you can run into problems.

Can someone who has been able to patch their ROM successfully trim the resulting ROM and extract the patch from it? Want to run a test or two.

smartguy_alec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Drayano said:
smartguy_alec said:
biggrin.gif

Thank you so much!
smile.gif
I also just realized you were the one who wrote the GameFAQs FAQ I followed through to find all items in-game.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol