BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Drayano (Dray)

I have spent several hours on Blaze Black already. Thank you!
I am especially impressed at how quickly and accurately you work!
And the documentation is priceless.

But I am still looking for a good HG/SS hack.
Is your "Spirit Gold" patch available to download?
I cannot find it anywhere.

Are there any other good HG/SS hacks available?

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Valatros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, don't tend to post very much but, after becoming VERY disappointed when I realised that, having no r/l friends who play pokemon, I was completely screwed for ever completing the pokedex, I found your lovely little hack. I don't mind having to go the extra mile to find 50 pokemon, beats the HELL out of 200 i say. If there comes a point where the tools are available, I'd be interested in helping you recreate Kanto/Johto and making pokemon catchable THERE after beating the game or something, though; A little more adventure? Who knows.

Anyway, I'm rambling, I meant to post a bug report! I found that Oshawott's tail whip, instead of reducing the enemies defense, increased it... Imagine my surprise as cheren's snivy kicked my sorry butt. Yeah. Good times.

Having fun with it so far though, so thanks again! Good thing I'm probably the only idiot who would actually use tail whip, eh?

lidolinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BurlyEd said:
@Drayano (Dray)

I have spent several hours on Blaze Black already. Thank you!
I am especially impressed at how quickly and accurately you work!
And the documentation is priceless.

But I am still looking for a good HG/SS hack.
Is your "Spirit Gold" patch available to download?
I cannot find it anywhere.

Are there any other good HG/SS hacks available?

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Did you try Neo SoulSilver from TwannyBizzle, I think it's pretty good, as I have played it myself. The main thing I care about a pokemon hack is the difficulty of the game; the trainers' teams are decently smart enough to put up some fight with my teams. However I find the level of the trainers are kinda uneven. Gym leaders, bosses' levels are a little too high compared to trainers, when you reach them, your levels are behind. So, I edited them again almost completely. I pumped the levels of trainers pokemon up, leveling is a little bit faster now. Additionally, I add one legendary pokemon to each gym leader, bosses, Elite 4, Champion, Rival got Ho-oh. If you want to, I can post the patch for you to try it out.

suaqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try my mod Spirit Crystal. It's a mod of Drayano's mod that makes it even harder. you can find it on file trip

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@lidolinn

Yes, I have played Neo SoulSilver from TwannyBizzle v1 and v2.

How could I have forgotten that? Maybe it is because I am 73?
My grandchildren may be too old for Pokemon, but I am not!
Neither is my little baby sister - she is 67 and just bought a 3DS.

Now I see that v2.1 is available. I will try that one too.
And if you post your patch, I will try that also. Thanks.

@suaqua

Thanks for the info! I will try your Spirit Crystal tonight for sure.
I already made the patched file.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

claudicado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone else having trouble with XDelta GUI? 'Cause when I click the "apply patch" button, nothing happens (the patched file is not created). Any advice?

claudicado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cooleo said:
claudicado said:
Is anyone else having trouble with XDelta GUI? 'Cause when I click the "apply patch" button, nothing happens (the patched file is not created). Any advice?
Me....nothing fuckin works

I've already checked if my net framework was up to date, the delta files, the patch and the clean rom are in the same folder, so I really don't know what else to do...
dry.gif

It's a shame, this hack looks promising!

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I really wish I knew what the hell was causing these patch problems
frown.gif
Should I try some other format?

lidolinn - It's an interesting idea, heh. I had a friend who had this exact problem before but I can't remember exactly how he fixed it. I THINK it's to do with the way you're extracting the file; somehow it's getting mixed up on the way. You might want to try something other than NitroExplorer; crystaltile2 or kiwi.ds editor can do the trick.

BurlyEd - Thank you very much~ If you want to try Spirit Gold out, you can find the link for it on my vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7agoiQb0GPs. Suaqua's mods are also applicable to it as he said if you want to change some stuff up a little.

Valatros - Haha, thank you. It isn't a glitch in fact - Cheren's Snivy had the Contrary ability, which reverses any stat changes applied to it, so your stat-downs become stat-ups and vice-versa. It's fine normally, but watch out for them!

mikau86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have problems with NO$Zoomer. I can't start a new game because of the famous black screen after choosing 'new game'. The AR that works for the 'clean' version of the rom doesn't work now.

QUOTE said:
52004EA0 E8BD01F0
02004EA0 EAFFF25C
E2001800 0000005C
E92D4008 E3A00000
E3A0150E E2811A06
E5810B44 EA5FE9F2
E59F4034 E59F5034
E5845000 E59F4020
E5945000 E59F601C
E1550006 03A05001
05C4500A 03A05000
E1445DB4 E8BD01F0
EA000D95 02180C60
28AAFF1F 037FBFE0
EAA01606 00000000
D2000000 00000000

Does someone have an idea? :S

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone got this working for TTDS? (or R4... need to test my R4 next)
Edited the game ID's and everything to match but I get error-=4.

Do I need to exp patch first, then do this rom patch? (or vice-versa?)
or
Do I need to just patch the rom with your patch to make it run right on TTDS?

Realllllllllly want to get this working

EDIT: Using English ROM. Shouldn't matter the US and EUR are the same thing.
EDIT #2: Works on R4 flawlessly, very very amazing work!

TTDS issues: Even after I edited in the Game ID's, I've not been able to code it to work. I really hope you can get ahold of RetroGameFan and ask him for some support for us TTDS users, please. It would REALLY be nice if you could do that. Retro is a awesome person, I'm sure he'd help us all out, but it'd be better if the creator of the patch contacted him.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mikau86 - I got the full fix code to work fine with Volt White before so I don't know what the problem is. :/ I didn't try with Blaze Black admittedly but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work...

Hatchetball - I wish I could help but I have had zero experience with DSTT so I can't even begin to fathom how it works and such. I can however confirm it works fine on Wood R4 though (1.2.6 and after) with no problems as far as I can see. Also, the EXP patch is incorporated into the patches I made. I'd rather someone else asked Retro... :x The Game ID might change again when I update though, so if DSTT is reliant on that it's going to be irritating. I might be updating it tomorrow though (I'll put up .ups patches as well if I do.)

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already PMed Retro about this, but I haven't gotten a response yet. Probably won't get a response until after you end up changing the ID though...

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
Hatchetball - I wish I could help but I have had zero experience with DSTT so I can't even begin to fathom how it works and such. I can however confirm it works fine on Wood R4 though (1.2.6 and after) with no problems as far as I can see. Also, the EXP patch is incorporated into the patches I made. I'd rather someone else asked Retro... :x The Game ID might change again when I update though, so if DSTT is reliant on that it's going to be irritating. I might be updating it tomorrow though (I'll put up .ups patches as well if I do.)

Yeah that's the TTDS's biggest flaw, having to update so much coding to get games to load properly.
It (black, haven't tried white since I've already beat white) works great on my R4 though, so I'm not in a big rush for a TTDS update, but I do have 5 people in my house with TTDS's, plus me, that are drooling over this release
biggrin.gif

Firen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
claudicado said:

I kept getting a 0 byte file after applying the patch until I renamed the rom's filename to not include the "é" in Pokémon. Try renaming your rom if the patching won't work, making sure not to use any special characters. I'm not sure if this will work in your case but it's worth a try.

mikau86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Drayano said:
mikau86 - I got the full fix code to work fine with Volt White before so I don't know what the problem is. :/ I didn't try with Blaze Black admittedly but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work...
At that moment I had tried only with Black Version, which didn't work, but I tried later with White and this one worked correctly. Maybe I did some mistake... I'm a bit noob I guess. But thanks anyway!

claudicado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firen said:
claudicado said:

I kept getting a 0 byte file after applying the patch until I renamed the rom's filename to not include the "é" in Pokémon. Try renaming your rom if the patching won't work, making sure not to use any special characters. I'm not sure if this will work in your case but it's worth a try.
Didn't work, but thanks anyway!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol