Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Really sorry to necro this thread, but can anyone help me out? I just tried playing White 2 on my CycloDS Evolution (DS) but it keeps crashing randomly every 5-10 minutes. I don't think it is a problem with my card speed since I have played just about every other major game on DS with no issues. I tried installing the AP patch in the OP but it didn't seem to fix the problem.

Maybe it's the micro sd card.

willprogresivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, I have a dstwo on DS Lite and I cannot get BW2 to work. I tried clean roms, patched roms, patching myself, clean and patch mode. NOTHING WORKS. All I get is either white screen, or black screen after intro movie. What I don't get is why there are so many posts from 2012 saying it works on DSTWO. How can it have worked 3 years ago but not now? Thanks for any help!

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, I have a dstwo on DS Lite and I cannot get BW2 to work. I tried clean roms, patched roms, patching myself, clean and patch mode. NOTHING WORKS. All I get is either white screen, or black screen after intro movie. What I don't get is why there are so many posts from 2012 saying it works on DSTWO. How can it have worked 3 years ago but not now? Thanks for any help!

Are you in the latest eos?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes, donwloaded from the official website. All other games work just fine.

Hard to imagine why it wouldn't work.

1. Full Reformat the SD card for your dstwo using the Panasonic reformatter (backup your stuff first)

2. If still doesn't work, try different rom from another source

3. Another option is to look for a boot code.
I think there's an AP bypass code or something.

willprogresivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
"from a different source". I can't ask here for links and I have no idea what a trustable source is. Googling roms leads to some really shady websites. I have tried everything with the roms I already have, which as far as I can tell, are "legit". I have formatted the sd card and it's still the same.

EDIT: I'm so sorry. It seems the sdcard I was using was Class 2. I tried a class 4 I had lying around and the game works. I'm not sure if I'll encounter any random freezes through the gameplay, but at least I got to the title screen. Sorry if I bothered anyone.

Last edited by willprogresivo,

Magikappa

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
"from a different source". I can't ask here for links and I have no idea what a trustable source is. Googling roms leads to some really shady websites. I have tried everything with the roms I already have, which as far as I can tell, are "legit". I have formatted the sd card and it's still the same.

EDIT: I'm so sorry. It seems the sdcard I was using was Class 2. I tried a class 4 I had lying around and the game works. I'm not sure if I'll encounter any random freezes through the gameplay, but at least I got to the title screen. Sorry if I bothered anyone.
My class 4 card never gave me any issues with pokemon black 2

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

that makes sense.

I generally started using class 10 for faster loading times and stuff.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

FMCore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I quickly searched through this thread and didn't find anything, so I'll try posting here

After defeating the 8th gym leader and exiting the gym building, the game soft-locks on me.

By "soft-lock" I mean the following

- Cannot move
- Cannot open start menu
- Cannot interact touch screen

The only thing I can do is soft-reset by doing Start + Select + L + R

I have tested the AP Patch, I have tested with a flash cart, I have tested with the android emulator known as Drastic.

I have even tested the flash cart without an AP patch (as they have them built in)

Nothing works, if I use a cheat to use fly inside the building, I can fly to any town before humilau city, and it doesn't freeze, but if I fly to humilau city it will freeze.

I have found just about NOTHING on this issue, some have said it might be an undocumented AP measure when I brought it up, but that's about as far as the conversation would go.

As it turns out, it ended up being an event flag that was not set correctly in my save file for some reason.

Last edited by FMCore,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1