Votes: 55 20.8%

• Total voters

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!
So I have a Supercard DSTWO that I just recently put all the new firmware and EOS on it to play on my 3DS. I'm having a problem with Pokemon White 2. I downloaded a rom and when I switch the game from the DSTWO menu to "patched" the game will freeze randomly every five to ten minuets. I heard the DSTWO doesn't need to play on patched so I switched it to "clean". At first it seemed my problem was fixed but then I started to notice minor lag issues. Is this normal? Is it one of those "hey it's free don't complain about a little lag" just curious and if anyone could offer a fix. Thanks!

Tl;dr pokemon white 2 lagging on clean version with updated firmware and EOS on a 3DS
Could be caused by a slow microSD.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!
So I have a Supercard DSTWO that I just recently put all the new firmware and EOS on it to play on my 3DS. I'm having a problem with Pokemon White 2. I downloaded a rom and when I switch the game from the DSTWO menu to "patched" the game will freeze randomly every five to ten minuets. I heard the DSTWO doesn't need to play on patched so I switched it to "clean". At first it seemed my problem was fixed but then I started to notice minor lag issues. Is this normal? Is it one of those "hey it's free don't complain about a little lag" just curious and if anyone could offer a fix. Thanks!

Tl;dr pokemon white 2 lagging on clean version with updated firmware and EOS on a 3DS
"Clean" and "patched" mode are different from ROM patches. "Clean" mode is the DSTwo's special anti-AP mode, "patched" mode is the mormal mode that allows soft-reset and cheats and stuff.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-new-games-to-run.277771/
Follow number 3 to verify your ROM.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If its lagging is more than likely a problem with the sd card, try sd card formatter first if that doesnt do anything then you need a higher class sd card

Xenirina

Scener
Trophies
XP
Country
Scene versions of the ROM have been released

The ROMs are available (along with the NFOs).
If you want header data and a patch for the ROMs, PM me.

Don't be mistaken. I'm not giving the ROMs out.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Korith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Clean" and "patched" mode are different from ROM patches. "Clean" mode is the DSTwo's special anti-AP mode, "patched" mode is the mormal mode that allows soft-reset and cheats and stuff.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-new-games-to-run.277771/
Follow number 3 to verify your ROM.
First just want to say thank you everyone for the replies, I do not think its my SD because it is a pretty high end one.

The rom I have its patched and doesn't match what was on the website. Should I proceed to find a clean one?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
First just want to say thank you everyone for the replies, I do not think its my SD because it is a pretty high end one.

The rom I have its patched and doesn't match what was on the website. Should I proceed to find a clean one?
Yes, once a flash cart's software has updated to support clean games, you should always use clean ROMs to be safe.

Vidar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm having a bit of a problem with White 2.
Whenever I load up my save and try to save again, it says it cannot access the save data. I had used a couple cheats before saving the first time. I am using Wood v1.57 on my R4, and I patched the rom with the DS Scene Tool (which was probably a silly thing to do). Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Turns out it indeed may have been a silly thing to do. Switched out the rom for an unpatched one and it saves fine for now.

khaeroup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pokemon Black 2 is working for me on my Ez Flash Vi but i need Special Mode 7 enabled (even if the game is patched...)

Shalio

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hello. How can I make this game work on R4i Gold? ( www.r4ids.cn)
I installed the latest wood that the site provides but I get stuck on "Loading" when I start the game.
I also tried using the Ys Menu combined with the R4 Wood but it gives out an "Unsupported DLDI Name" error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Shalio

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Format and new ROM didn't help.
So the ROM's CRC matched on the MicroSD?

Still stuck at either Loading with wood or "Unsupported DLDI Name" error with YSmenu
Forget YSMenu for now, you don't need it if you have official Wood support.

that is available at R4 Wood site.
There is no official Wood site, and Wood isn't related to YSMenu.

How do I fix this?
Try the other steps too, and make sure you're following them exactly (like, use the program I link for formatting, etc.)

Is there any new firmware that I should have?
Firmware is for DSi/3DS compatibility, game compatibility is by kernel/OS/software, but no, Wood supports it (so there's something wrong with your setup).

Reactions: Queno138

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I got it to work. I had to use some older non Wood Kernel and it loaded nicely.
Could you please post what version you used or a download link?
Using R4i Gold 3DS (Dorasu icon) here, and having the exact same problem as you. Using latest Wood from the official website does not work for Black/White 2. Gives a red Loading screen. Trying with YSMenu gives the "Unsupported DLDI Name" error.
All other games work except this.

Edit: The site says that Black/White 2 is supported but not working for this card. Read about others online with the exact same problem. Tried different versions of Wood Kernels and still cannot get the game to work.

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After backing up the SD card and using the Panasonic SD Formatter, I can confirm that Black/White 2 works on R4i 3DS Gold (Dorasu icon) using Wood 1.61 from r4ids.cn, the card's official site. Clean and AP Patched work. Cheats work. Saving works. Trim also works.

If Black/White 2 is not working for you I recommend using Panasonic SD Formatter before trying anything else.

Reactions: Queno138

kiefer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How can I patch my rom to solve the no exp problem? I've downloaded various roms (which I don't think I'm allowed to name here) My card is gateway blue card. Gateway has cheats built in, but this rom won't load the cheats. When I try the ds-scene rom tool, for each rom it says "not supported" in the AR patch tab. All of the roms are verified and show the rom info.

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having trouble with blue gateway card on a dsi. No exp

Every thing ive tryied patching the rom with. Ether dosent output or gets errors and i couldnt find the ds scene toon from tje op link

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really sorry to necro this thread, but can anyone help me out? I just tried playing White 2 on my CycloDS Evolution (DS) but it keeps crashing randomly every 5-10 minutes. I don't think it is a problem with my card speed since I have played just about every other major game on DS with no issues. I tried installing the AP patch in the OP but it didn't seem to fix the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended