ROM Hack Pokémon Anime Cries on Roms

SViper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Can someone add Anime Cries to Pokémon Platimum, Soul Silver, White, Black 2, Emerald, Fire Red and other Pokémon games? For Pokémon who don't has Anime Cries yet replace with XY/ORAS/SM Cries.
PS: If someone want help me complete Pokémon Anime Cries just contact me in one of these Pokémon 3D, FB, Skype, Steam, GameJolt.

Last edited by SViper,
Reactions: Deleted-379826

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure its possible but thats around 500 or something pokemon for newer gen don't quote me on that I can't remember the number for black 2.
But that's over 500 cries, not sure if the game can be expanded that much or how much compression is needed to make it fit and if it requires compression on the sound they may sound like crap.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sure its possible but thats around 500 or something pokemon for newer gen don't quote me on that I can't remember the number for black 2.
But that's over 500 cries, not sure if the game can be expanded that much or how much compression is needed to make it fit and if it requires compression on the sound they may sound like crap.
In addition to this, what do we do with the Pokemon that are never seen in the anime, or have not cried out in the anime?

SViper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
In addition to this, what do we do with the Pokemon that are never seen in the anime, or have not cried out in the anime?
I don't ask create Anime Cries, because I posted which ones I have, so.
I really want play with those at my Pokémon Y/Alpha Sapphire/Moon copies, so can someone create program that letting edit digital game files?

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cry replacement is possible for XY and ORAS, but I don't know if we have any way of repacking the .garc files from Sun/Moon yet. I remember there was some research going on about it, but I don't remember if it ended in limbo or if we got an actual program out of it. Either way, replacing cries for XY and ORAS is very possible--I did it myself as a test a while back and it worked flawlessly. In your OP, you mentioned the older games; if you have good-quality .wav files of the cries to want to put in, then it can easily be done for Gens III-V as well. VI will take a bit more effort, but as I stated, is still possible.

SViper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Cry replacement is possible for XY and ORAS, but I don't know if we have any way of repacking the .garc files from Sun/Moon yet. I remember there was some research going on about it, but I don't remember if it ended in limbo or if we got an actual program out of it. Either way, replacing cries for XY and ORAS is very possible--I did it myself as a test a while back and it worked flawlessly. In your OP, you mentioned the older games; if you have good-quality .wav files of the cries to want to put in, then it can easily be done for Gens III-V as well. VI will take a bit more effort, but as I stated, is still possible.
Can link guides/programs for that?
If I mod Sounds of Y, AS in my N3DSXL does Pokémon I have and caught still legal? Do I need turn off internet with modded Sounds or I can keep internet on?

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody else will even know that your sounds are different. As long as you aren't changing stats/abilities/anything related to battling, then there isn't any risk in taking your mods online. I unfortunately don't remember all of the programs I used, but I know you'll need ctr_WaveConverter32.exe (part of the 3DS SDK, available for free), a .garc packing/unpacking program (someone on this forum made one, might have been kaphotics, but I don't remember. Google is your friend), a hex editor to manually edit the metadata since we don't have any dedicated tools, and preferably foobar2000 with the vgmstream plugin so you can listen to your converted audio and make sure it sounds right.

SViper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Nobody else will even know that your sounds are different. As long as you aren't changing stats/abilities/anything related to battling, then there isn't any risk in taking your mods online. I unfortunately don't remember all of the programs I used, but I know you'll need ctr_WaveConverter32.exe (part of the 3DS SDK, available for free), a .garc packing/unpacking program (someone on this forum made one, might have been kaphotics, but I don't remember. Google is your friend), a hex editor to manually edit the metadata since we don't have any dedicated tools, and preferably foobar2000 with the vgmstream plugin so you can listen to your converted audio and make sure it sounds right.
If you remember any guides tell me.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost positive there aren't any guides for Gen VI replacement; I had to figure it out myself, but all the tools are there and it isn't difficult to figure out. Also, again, Google generously, as I'm almost positive there will be guides for previous Gen stuff. But for DS games, I can tell you that you'll be using Tinke, swav2swar, and wav2swav.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +1