Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wait, WHAT.

Someone pls explain.

wtf
I don't understand the use of thz magnet.
It seems like one of those random fake videos found on Youtube trying to buzz xqd

magnets_c.jpg

Reactions: Geezerdorf

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wtf
It seems like one of those random fake videos found on Youtube trying to buzz xqd
The magnet makes your console go into Sleep Mode without being actually lid-closed. This way you can press a button combo that will boot the modified flashcart.

It's @SciresM posting this and @Normmatt working on it too. It's not like they became fake youtubers.

Last edited by Olmectron,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wtf
The 3DS speakers have a magnet in them to trigger the sleep mode sensor which is bellow the B button on a N3DS. You can put a fridge magnet there to activate the sensor and make the console sleep with the system open, allowing use to easily press Start+Select+X.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it is going to be funny when someone uses a big ass magnet and ruins thier ds
I assume people are smart enough not to. I mean a lot of people have fridge magnets in their house. I assume most people don't have big ass super strong magnets just sitting around though.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well everyone is talking about unbricking, actually you are also able to launch the b9s installer etc... so no more hardmods needed any fw totally moddable.

D

Deleted User

well everyone is talking about unbricking, actually you are also able to launch the b9s installer etc... so no more hardmods needed any fw totally moddable.
Yes, but this can lead to unbricks. Which is the main excitement here

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, but this can lead to unbricks. Which is the main excitement here
I know, btw you still haven't replied to my quote of your post at this guy who you said was provdiding illegal content in that ssl thread, still curious what you mean by that.

D

Deleted User

I know, btw you still haven't replied to my quote of your post at this guy who you said was provdiding illegal content in that ssl thread, still curious what you mean by that.
Can you screenshot it? I never got a notification

Reactions: adrifcastr

jrobertdobson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Granted its a poc, where can one get the files needed? I have a N3ds xl, sky3ds+ and magnet. something happens when i try this because it reads the card, but only games are there.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Granted its a poc, where can one get the files needed? I have a N3ds xl, sky3ds+ and magnet. something happens when i try this because it reads the card, but only games are there.
you will need a DS flashcard, 3DS flashcard will not work.
Also its not released yet, so you will not be able to get all the fipes needed.

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there's probably no answer to this yet, as an unreleased PoC, but any idea if the cart used for this will still function as a ds flashcart while set up for this? I would assume no, but hey. Will there be a way to flash the carts back afterwards?

Last edited by bakageta,

MagicKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know there's probably no answer to this yet, as an unreleased PoC, but any idea if the cart used for this will still function as a ds flashcart while set up for this? I would assume nu, but hey. Will there be a way to flash the carts back afterwards?

The procedure will require a substantial change on how the card works, implemented with a custom firmware (for those cards whose firmware can be flashed). Thus it won't work as a normal DSCard until you flash the original firmware again.

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is the logical assumption, but hey, had to ask. Now to decide if I should buy a second cart to dedicate to this for helping friends, or if I should just flash mine back and forth. I wonder how many times an AK2i can be updated before dying...

MagicKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Which is the logical assumption, but hey, had to ask. Now to decide if I should buy a second cart to dedicate to this for helping friends, or if I should just flash mine back and forth. I wonder how many times an AK2i can be updated before dying...

You just need to do it twice, once you have modded all the consoles you want to hack (yours or of your friends) you can revert to the original firmware and you won't need NTRBootHax any more (unless you accidentally brick one of those console).

bakageta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't actually have any systems that need ntrboothax ATM, I just like to be prepared for the future. I expect in the long run I would have to flash back and forth a few times as people I know pick up new systems. I mean, realistically I'm probably not going to wear out the cart reflashing it, but it'd be easier to have a dedicated cart laying around.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If things are as they are, you'd either buy a cheap flashable DS card for ntrboothax, or if the team is met with failure on that point (say for example only the Acekard 2i and SuperCard DSTWO work), you can always buy a cheap R4i DS flashcard for gaming use and keep the Acekard 2i for ntrboothax only.

fig8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm only afraid of the price increasing on ds flash carts just like cubic ninja and ninjhax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself