Hacking [PoC, needs testing] PS3-less account sharing (and backups)

xy2_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

This is a PoC (proof of concept.) I am posting this publicly to see if anyone can test and report if this method works, as I have no means to test it myself. This idea was inspired with some chats I had a little bit ago; shoutouts to @cloudfe.

So what is this method based on? Hacking backups has several interesting proprieties, mostly because sony never expected anyone to pull it off. The most interesting one is that even though your AccountID changes due to the registry hacking, from what I could pull off, the actual registered account doens't change. Normally the gate to account sharing is activation, which has stood solid for a long time and impossible if you change accounts.. but what if we don't change accounts?

The method is as follows:
  1. Activate your Vita. (Still need a PS3 for this, unfortunately.)
  2. Backup act.dat.
  3. Follow http://gbatemp.net/threads/coldswap-run-fully-unencrypted-playable-games-without-owning-them.427511/ as usual, hacking the target backup. Stop once you fulfill "hacking the backup."
  4. Write back your original act.dat.
  5. Enjoy freely activated account!!!!
Probably there is some other failsafe that makes this method impossible (np account id? nobody knows what it's used for atm, as far as i'm aware) but it is worth trying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.