Hacking PoC - Boot NeoGamma via Disc Channel!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I think this should definitely be added to modmii cause it makes people who still run game backups from discs happy all the time without having to trucha sign their ios's or use darkcrap.
It's just a hack that can simply be disabled if not needed.
1) There are backup loaders, you don't have to use DarkCorp.
2) Using 249 will slow your startup speed since it has to load your SM IOS, then Priiloader, then 249.
3) Patching the SM IOS is standard. If you used ModMii properly, then you have it.
4) Do you realize that damysteryman is part of the DarkCorp team?

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this should definitely be added to modmii cause it makes people who still run game backups from discs happy all the time without having to trucha sign their ios's or use darkcrap.
People can just install NeoGamma instead of using Priiloader to run it via disc channel. Not a difference to the majority of people.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
People can just install NeoGamma instead of using Priiloader to run it via disc channel. Not a difference to the majority of people.
This requires NeoGamma. Instead of clicking the NeoGamma channel to launch NeoGamma, you click the disc channel to launch NeoGamma.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This requires NeoGamma. Instead of clicking the NeoGamma channel to launch NeoGamma, you click the disc channel to launch NeoGamma.
Exactly, You can just install the NeoGamma channel and launch it. I hope anyone isn't so lazy as to just click the disc channel instead.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Well if you use neogamma channel all the time for your backups, then It ll be definitely more practical to have the hack.
First: you can delete the neogamma forwarder channel and gain 1 channel space
Two: you turn th "Disc channel" into a custom superior neogamma forwarder channel that can show you the disc banner (a feature that no other channel can do)
Come on guys ;)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Well if you use neogamma channel all the time for your backups, then It ll be definitely more practical to have the hack.
First: you can delete the neogamma forwarder channel and gain 1 channel space
Two: you turn th "Disc channel" into a custom superior neogamma forwarder channel that can show you the disc banner (a feature that no other channel can do)
Come on guys ;)
You are forgetting the longer boot time. :P

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
backup disc loading is history, this hack is cool and all, but it likely only appeals to very small (probably misinformed) demographic. If anyone is going to update their softmod to include this hack, they may as well go all the way and start using a usb-loader instead.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
backup disc loading is history, this hack is cool and all, but it likely only appeals to very small (probably misinformed) demographic. If anyone is going to update their softmod to include this hack, they may as well go all the way and start using a usb-loader instead.
And if you properly softmodded your Wii you don't need to switch to 249.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
And if you properly softmodded your Wii you don't need to switch to 249.
you don't need to switch to IOS249 I'm using the hack on my 4.1 with SM-Cios60
and for the longer boot-time try this modified channel it's r3 http://www.mediafire...5w0bl8yq3qs2h25
boots without checking for hacks or cheats.

@Joostinonline "Do you realize that damysteryman is part of the DarkCorp team?"
Don't matter since he's calling his project "NeoCorp" (replacement for Darkcore) I think he's a double agent or something :)

Ah one more thing this hack also allows the enduser to load multi-iso DVD (wii & GC) without cMios (Great feature for DML users)
@XFLAK just add the Poc-Pack to the download pages doesn't need to be in every single hack-pack

By the way I don't use dvd - just usb loaders but It's good to have all the options available ;)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
@Joostinonline "Do you realize that damysteryman is part of the DarkCorp team?"
Don't matter since he's calling his project "NeoCorp" (replacement for Darkcore) I think he's a double agent or something :)
I was pointing out that you are being a douche to the guy who helped you by calling his previous project crap.

You seem pretty new to the Wii scene (at least based on some of your "tips" since you joined), so your mistakes are understandable, but I suggest you start observing more and doing some research.

TheGame500

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i try to do that and its not working...
i have all files on my SD an go to Priiloader make all settings.
So now when i put a Burned disc in to my wii he say Disc cannot read...

i have all files and its not work :/
can anyone help me?

(Sorry for my bad english im from Germany)

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
UPDATE!

Now has Wii Gamertag support! Both Wiinnertag and DarkUmbraTag are supported!
HNCA_r4.wad
NeoGamma_via_DiscChannel_PoC_r4.zip
NeoGamma_R9b56_MOD_r4_src.zip

Changelog:
Code:
r3 -> r4
- BUG: If an error is encountered, everything displayed onscreen is invisible (looks like black screen): FIXED
- Autocheat updated. Now, instead of using default ocarina hooks, will use hooks specified in NeoGamma config
(will fall back to default if none are set though).
- Wii Gamertag support! Supports both Wiinnertag and DarkUmbraTag! Place your Wiinnertag key in "fat:\wiinnertag_key.txt"
and dutag key in "fat:\dutag_key.txt", and load up a game. Works for Wii and GC discs, and GC multigame discs,
but NOT when loading a game via DML.
- added username to credits :)
- compiled with libogc r4884, so SHOULD support new WM+ wiimotes (UNTESTED. Please test!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning