Hacking PoC - Boot NeoGamma via Disc Channel!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. i did a test with this first for my music dlc.

1:with both this hack and darkcorp installed i got the dlc music to work. (tested rock band 3 only)
2.going try with this hack only and see if it works (uninstalling dark corp atm.) ok it works with out darkcorp. but there is one stupid thing i have to do to get it to work when i start a dlc song it makes a buzzing noise so i have to pause the game and pick back to music library and choose the same song again. (it could be my sd card too.) i'm going try my other music games later. (still testing rock band 3 atm)
3.just dance 2 dlc works.
4.Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock dlc works.
5.Just dance 3 dlc works

so DLC does work with this YAHOO!!

Reactions: 1 person

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@damysteryman thank you very much for the modification. worked for Wii & GC games with a mild improvment in loading speed.
Just one thing multiISO GC DVD did not show game selection screen (set to "hidden" too I think) so it didn't work :(
This should easily fixed though.
TC
Abz
Hmmm... Try this:
HNCA_MOD_r3.wad
NG-R9-b56_MOD_r3_src.zip
@[member='damysteryman'], I think this is one of those rare instances where a hybrid forwarder channel might be useful. ie. first checks for a dol, and if none found it loads the embedded dol
Would make it take longer though.
Yeah true... not sure if I would use this or not... I personally do not find it difficult to update it; I just put the .dol through HideandSeek 0.9, and it spits out the .wad for me to upload. And it is not like it is hyper-difficult for the end user to install a wad to update, seeing as the ability to do so is a requirement for setting up this hack in the first place anyway.

Also.... I have been thinking about an idea for this hack... I want to use it as a base to "officially" replace DARKCORP as a superior and safer Disc Channel loading solution... but I know very little about actually coding. I am no coder, I am just the weird guy that comes up with a bunch of ideas and put them together to form a new exciting solution out of what is readily available :lol: ...the only real thing out of this that I myself "made from scratch" was the hack for the sysmenu and priiloader that does the channel booting instead of a disc. cIOS249, NeoGamma, priiloader etc were obviously not made by me haha :lol:

So I am wondering, is there anyone here who is actually interested in modifying this further? I was thinking about maybe making a google code page so that anyone can mess with it, but as it stands now, I do not think that there is any point in doing so. I neither have much free time nor coding knowledge to be able to add new features (I have ideas for new features, just I do not know how to code them), so I just thought I would ask if anyone else was interested in messing around with this (or maybe even telling/teaching me how to implement certain features when I have free time, so that way I can add them).

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='damysteryman'], I think this is one of those rare instances where a hybrid forwarder channel might be useful. ie. first checks for a dol, and if none found it loads the embedded dol
I'll second that (even with the speed issue), or atleast make a second wad for forwarder only.

Edit: By the way with this current method (NeoGamma) does the games Tintin and Driver work? I was under the impression that these (Ubisoft) games have Anti-Piracy detection code and therefore will not work under NeoGamma? (USB/Disc Loaders)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lol, don't u think you're asking the wrong person?

seeing as there hasn't been a ModMii update since this hack was released, I'd venture a wild guess and say no, lol.

I was talking to Foez about whether or not to add support for this hack to ModMii and we think it's unnecessary. The majority of people using ModMii will be using usb-loaders, for the small group of people wanting legacy backup disc support they can still download neogamma from ModMii, and for the even smaller group of people who want to have backup disc support from the disc channel can follow the instructions from this thread.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, don't u think you're asking the wrong person?

seeing as there hasn't been a ModMii update since this hack was released, I'd venture a wild guess and say no, lol.

I was talking to Foez about whether or not to add support for this hack to ModMii and we think it's unnecessary. The majority of people using ModMii will be using usb-loaders, for the small group of people wanting legacy backup disc support they can still download neogamma from ModMii, and for the even smaller group of people who want to have backup disc support from the disc channel can follow the instructions from this thread.

one word to you!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i'm done.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
yep lol, i dont see the real need to add it either, all newer wiis cant run backup discs unless chipped so why add a redundent option when USB is superior

Reactions: 1 person

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think this should definitely be added to modmii cause it makes people who still run game backups from discs happy all the time without having to trucha sign their ios's or use darkcrap.
It's just a hack that can simply be disabled if not needed.
the hack requires more than just an updated hacks.ini, it also requires the channel(s) WADs

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I think this should definitely be added to modmii cause it makes people who still run game backups from discs happy all the time without having to trucha sign their ios's or use darkcrap.
It's just a hack that can simply be disabled if not needed.
the hack requires more than just an updated hacks.ini, it also requires the channel(s) WADs
Is that a big deal! that's the beauty of it the channel wads can be updated or customized, that's what ModMii is all about King ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS...