OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks,

Can someone explain how the M3 and SuperCard make saves? Lately I've been hearing some bad things about the M3...and I just really wanna know what's the difference between the two in terms of game saves.

thanks

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DS games:
M3 saves are stored in the SRAM, which is automatically backupped on the media card on the next boot. You don't have to do anything to save, it's all handled by the M3. Nothing bad at all. I don't know where these rumours of "bad" saving come from. It works perfectly.
SC doesn't save to SRAM, it saves directly to the media card. Very good.

GBA games:
M3 - see DS games. Automatic.
SC: You save in the game, the save is stored in the SRAM. Then you have to manually press a key combo to permanently save your game to the media card. If you forget this, your save is lost. Clunky...

Remy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cool, thanks for the info..

last question!! (maybe...)

I've heard that the M3 requires you to wait a little while after saving to make sure it's really saved on the flash card...is that true?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, you have to wait like 3 seconds till it's saved on the flashcard. You cannot continue until the process is not finished. So no, there's no risk in loosing data.

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote a little about the save difference in my new topic on M3 vs Supercard. check there if you're interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person