Gaming Please recommend some old games for my integrated graphic card.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the game was released on SEGA CD in 1993 The game had used "REDBOOK AUDIO" which is just recorded music like you hear in moderen games, except they were standard raw uncompressed audio files in wav (WAV) format.

The music used for menus, intro, endings, and stages (Present future Good and bad) Were made in this format.
The past music was made in Lienar PCM Format which is played using the system internal sound chip system, the pcm data is stored within the game files itself while the audio wav files are stored independant of the game.

It is possible to play the music on the Sonic cd game disc for sega CD on a audio CD player or the system itself using the cd player function of the system bios.
Of course with the moderen version 2011 on steam ps3 and xbox 360 IOS And ANDORID the game has both soundtracts you can select at the main menu. :)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: Deleted User

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason for using a different system for the Past themes, tho?
No idea, only sega knows, my guess was to save space since pcm was more compressed than wave files was. It would maybe been impossible to fit them all on the primative disc format, which was low storage at the time compared to moderen storage devices. in 1993 CD-ROM was know to have low storage before it got larger on consoles like playstation and sega saturn, when they started storing like 700MB and using multiple of disc for games (between 2-4 disc) for some games.

Reactions: TheKawaiiPug
D

Deleted User

Doom 1-2-3, Half Life 1-2,GTA 1-SA, Tons of emus, Audiosurf, TF2 (surprised nobody mentioned this), Bad Rats, L4D1-2, Portal 1-2, tons of other games. I have a integrated so I should know

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doom 1-2-3, Half Life 1-2,GTA 1-SA, Tons of emus, Audiosurf, TF2 (surprised nobody mentioned this), Bad Rats, L4D1-2, Portal 1-2, tons of other games. I have a integrated so I should know
I didn't think TEAM FORTRESS 2 could run on intergrated graphics card. Or that is old since it's been constantly updated over the last 10 years :P

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Runs on my Inspiron 1545 laptop, which has an iGPU. That being said, the frame rate is abysmal.
Well if it works, good. To me it didn't consider being old despite being Only second game in series and over 10 years old there STILL UPDATES FOR IT. (Damn) When is TF3 already? Overwatch already seem like a rip of that game (Don't hate me for my opinion) But sure make TF for ps4 and Maybe I'll consider buying it. :P

D

Deleted User

I didn't think TEAM FORTRESS 2 could run on intergrated graphics card. Or that is old since it's been constantly updated over the last 10 years :P
It runs on my horrid integrated card (one of the worst). I get around 10-20 fps with lowest graphics.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Runs on my Inspiron 1545 laptop, which has an iGPU. That being said, the frame rate is abysmal.
It runs on my horrid integrated card (one of the worst). I get around 10-20 fps with lowest graphics.

You both honestly consider that playable just cause it can run the game but even if its not optimized? I prefer to play it at at least 60 fps or whatever games are designed to play the Fps at. Anything lower than what legend of zelda on n64 or even Sonic Boom or mighty no.9 was playing at, is not worth it. But if you like that and is your thing then okay :P

D

Deleted User

You both honestly consider that playable just cause it can run the game but even if its not optimized? I prefer to play it at at least 60 fps or whatever games are designed to play the Fps at. Anything lower than what legend of zelda on n64 or even Sonic Boom or mighty no.9 was playing at, is not worth it. But if you like that and is your thing then okay :P

I honestly just put TF2 on my laptop to see if it would run or not. Whenever I play TF2, I play it on my Desktop computer.

D

Deleted User

I have been used to playing at under 30 fps all my life. PCMasterrace would crucify me for saying that but everyone has their preferences

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chex Quest.
4353.Chex-Quest.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users