Please Read! Need your help with a survey project!

Sors

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. Do you think 99 cents per song is too much?
no

2. Have you ever illegally downloaded music off the Internet?
yes

3. If so, have you ever thought about the possibility of getting caught?
yes

4. Do you think that the punishments for downloading music illegally fit the crime?
no

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
1. Do you think 99 cents per song is too much?
Since MP3 "canned" music basically became worthless, IMHO. You can effortless get high quality music of any flavour for free on every streetcorner, so why pay for it? Fuck the RIAA. If you're a musician and you don't do live-concerts than it's too bad for you, as I won't pay for non-live music ever again. Answer is a definitive YES! for me. No musician will starve due to this decision, as I still visit live-concerts of my favourite Bands. It's just the fucking record industry that will hopefuly cease to exist.

2. Have you ever illegally downloaded music off the Internet?
Umh.

3. If so, have you ever thought about the possibility of getting caught?
Yepp.

4. Do you think that the punishments for downloading music illegally fit the crime?
It's ridiculous. So many people are doing it. Downloading MP3s should be legalized. If you're good at making music people will visit your concerts. If you suck and you have to rely on the music industries PR machine I couldn't care less for you.

Short:
Yes
Yes
Yes
No

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
1. Yes. 99 cents per song equals 15 dollars per album, but in a lower quality, without the booklet thingy you get with the CD, and without the bonus songs/material.
2. Yes.
3. No.
4. Maybe. People who only download the music to listen to shouldn't be punished. People who sell bootleg for a profit should be fined. But the worst are club owners who play music without paying royalties. They rely on the music to stay in business (no "quiet" bar has succeeded yet) and to keep customers ( = cash) rolling in, yet they don't want to part with a few (hundred) dollars in royalty fees.

HMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes.
Yes.
No.
No.

Glad I could help.
wink.gif

gixxaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes (should be $.50 US)
2. Yes
3. No
4. NO (Super Harsh. A few of my buddies got hit at a university with a lawsuit from RIAA, they are now pretty broke and screwed)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: im new