PS1/2 "Please insert a PS or PS2 disk" with FMCB

PeterPS2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i have a PS2 PAL and i can't get FMCB installed correctly. Always appears "Please insert a PS or PS2 disk". What am i doing wrong? Is it the ESR patcher? How can i use it? I'm such a noob in there metters.....
Thks in advance. Regards.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you see Hacked OSD? (more than 2 options in the menu without disk)?
If not, you didn't install FMCB properly.
If so, you did install FMCB properly.

Do you have PS2 "fat" or "slim"? If you have "fat" you can use an HDD adapter and Open PS2 Loader to play games on a hard disk. If you have "slim", you can use Open PS2 Loader to play games off of an USB drive (but it will be slow).

You might want to go to psx-scene.com if you want better help...

Last edited by uyjulian,

PeterPS2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Thks for your answer. The FMCB is not installed for sure. Everytime i burn a dvd with the files, it does'nt start and show the red screen and the message in this post title. Maybe i'm doing something wrong, or missing any file to burn, but it wont start the cd/dvd and therefore the USB pen. Only memory card is shown.
I have a PS2 SLIM SCPH-77004 and modded the sensors, but still wont recognize the burned dvd's. :(
I really am a noob in these kind of stuff, and i've already watched all kind of videos and forums with FMCB installation. What am i doing wrong?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I totally misread your original post. Here's how i used to install FCMB on my PS2's. you burn an EDITED disc of a game you own that's compatible with this method. For me it was Metal Gear Solid 3. You put in the ORIGINAL disc in the PS2. You then open the disc drive without the sensors knowing it opened. (For my PS2 phat this was with a card cut with a sort of hook). You put in the EDITED disc. Then you go to a specific menu (Which menu depends on what game). This should open the FCMB installation menu. From there on it should be self explanatory.

If you have a specific issue installing it then give us more information.

PeterPS2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
migles: i burn a dvd with ULE iso, than copy Noobie_Package to a pen drive, but this dvd wont work. Gives me that message.

dimmidice: I'll try one more time, just like you did. I only have PES6 here. It might work though ( i hope so)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr