Homebrew Please Help?

Aquazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hi everyone. I'm just having a little issue with my Wii here that is apparently softmodded. A friend of mine got 2 Wii's and gave one to me. I dont know how any of this works but in the system settings i see "Ver. 4.3U" which means its already modded and also it has the Homebrew Channel and USB Loader GX Channel on it.

My CD drive stopped spinning the other day so i downloaded Wii Backup Manager and converted my Super Smash Bros Brawl ISO into a WBFS and used the manager to put it on a 8GB USB Drive. However the USB Loader wont work neither does the Homebrew Channel.

I'm guessing this is because there isnt an SD card into the Wii with the actual apps for the Homebrew Channel and the USB Loader GX? Can anyone tell me what to do please i'd really appreciate it :)

Sol Sanctum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try re-hacking your wii with a new SD card. Does the Homebrew channel launch but only has a blue bubble screen and no apps? If so it is definitely the SD.

Reactions: Aquazz

Aquazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Try re-hacking your wii with a new SD card. Does the Homebrew channel launch but only has a blue bubble screen and no apps? If so it is definitely the SD.

Yeah all i see is Bubbles. So i'd have to re-hack it like start it from scratch? Idk how to do it o.O

Sol Sanctum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be the easiest thing. Just find a letterbomb tutorial on YouTube. Hacking a wii is very easy if you have a good tutorial.
Try this

Sol Sanctum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After following the tutorial you'll need to download a USB loader. I use and prefer CFG USB Loader. It is easy to set up and use.

Aquazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
After following the tutorial you'll need to download a USB loader. I use and prefer CFG USB Loader. It is easy to set up and use.

Oh alright got you! Btw. Because the Homebrew Channel is already on the Wii, when i put all the Letter Bomb stuff on the Wii and boot it up i should go on uninstall the Homebrew Channel first right? And then re-install it again to start fresh?

And yeah i also saw CFG USB Loader on the Wii as well i guess i;ll have to re-install that again from the Homebrew Browser when i install it right?

I already when ahead and transferred my Super Smash Bros Brawl on my 8GB USB Flash Drive using Wii Backup Manager. Formatted in FAT32 before and all.

Sol Sanctum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes uninstall it first then re-download home brew and go ahead and re-download CFG loader.
If the USB is right then you're set to go!

Sol Sanctum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a video for CFG loader

Follow everything he does EXCEPT WHAT HE DOES WITH THE USB. This specific person uses a wbfs partition. If you already set up a fat32 and installed the game into a wbfs folder using backup manager; you will not need to do anything else on the USB.

UPDATE: I accedently posted the wrong vid, oops. Here is the correct one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands