Gaming Please Help! Need Help with Games Selection?

RunningHamster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I've got my school laptop which is tiny and I just had a look at the specs, and saw that its specs are quite crap.

Could someone tell me which games I could run on these specs? Please don't give me REALLY old games that are absolutely boring.

SPECS:
Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit
Intel Celeron CPU N2940 @ 1.83GHz (Most HORRIBLE CPU EVER!)
4.0 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics

Thanks!

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Sorry to disappoint, but only old (or light) games or flash games will really work. It has very weak graphics... Enough to output a display but not much else. The CPU is 1.8Ghz quad core (according to Intel) and the graphics is 313-854Hz with only 4 EUs.

Anyway, if you tell us what kind of games you like, we can make some suggestions based on that.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Well, I'm pretty sure you can play Pong. And maybe Pinball, but don't expect much more than 20fps.

Jokes aside, you can run VNs, basic 2D games, and maybe NES / SNES / equivalent emulators, but nothing more demanding.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Downgrade to Windows 7 and get some old games like AoE II. You can check GoG for some games that could work on your OS.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Well, my low end MacBook Pro from early 2011 is more powerful than that, so I guess you can say it's old, from a technical point of view :P
And... you would've paid at least 4 times as much for that MacBook Pro, probably more, since this laptop is a school laptop. The CPU inside it is just a generational advance from Intel Atom, where as MacBook Pro is a multimedia driven product aimed at Pros with a much higher end CPU (even if it's 3.5 years older). But in fairness to the OP, this is off topic and debating this doesn't help.

This is supposed to be a thread suggesting what games (like AoE2, AoM, HoMaM 3, Theme Hospital, etc) would run on such a school laptop with a 1.8Ghz quad core processor.

Last edited by Originality,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats a 12 year old game so not amazing by any means
the older gta pc ports will run good (below GTAIV), you could try things like the 1st portal and see how it runs, you could also try something like oblivion (not sure about that one) to get a feel how good it will run on lowest settings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.