Please help my Cartbridges are worrying me!

Wich is your favourite Konami Game Boy Game

• Nemesis II

• Castlevania II: Belmont Revenge

• Ganbare Goemon: Sarawareta Ebisumaru!

• TwinBee Da!!

• Operation C

• Motocross Maniacs

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue

• Batman: The Animated Series

• F-1 Spirit

• Tiny Toon Adventures: Babs' Big Break

• Kid Dracula

Results are only viewable after voting.

PowerofElsydeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My Game Boy games are worrying me :(
When I ve bought Battletoads it worked perfectly but now it refuses to let get into level 3 because it glitches out and frezes before I have the chance I ve tried to blow into the cart and restart the game frequently but it always frezes before stage 2 boss
I tried to that thing with the Q tip but it didn t work
If I somehow fucked up the cartbridge how should I fix it
Or maybe the Q tip cleaning is supposed to be used on Games that refuse to start up and the problem lies inside the cartbridge?
Or maybe is there a problem with my gba sp?
And Super Rc Pro Arm; Operation C ;Turtles Back to the Sewers and Solar Striker are also hard to convince to let me play from start to finish
Did I just flock up my dear games that I bougth on ebay by blowing on them?:ohnoes:
Help me I ll do anything to fix them:(

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's hard to say with certainty since you haven't provided a ton of details (you'd probably need to open up the cartridges/GBA SP, but then again, you might not know what to look for).

With q-tips, use isopropyl alcohol (preferably 99% minimum) to clean the cartridge contacts. A q-tip by itself won't do the job. Make sure it's not too wet when you rub it - just push the q-tip against the inside of the isopropyl's bottle neck for a moment after dipping it to get rid of the excess. Give it a minute to dry (it'll just evaporate by itself), then test it out. You can clean your GBA SP's cartridge slot this way too, though it could be problematic.

Blowing on a cartridge can help but it is not recommended as the moisture in your breath will corrode the metal contacts over time.

If problems continue, and considering you're indicating that it seems to happen at the same point every time, the cartridge might be had it for whatever reason. Water damage, condensation damage... those sorts of things are possible, and those are just examples.

PowerofElsydeon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I ve figured out the problem
It´s my GBA fault(even tough Battletoads migth be really damaged)
It reads GBA games well but if it s a classic gameboy game it runs until I do something like up right + a then it imeadiatly freezes
I mean it freezes more or less when I press a diagonal on the d pad and main button at the same time
And sadly I can t play Contra or Battletoads like that and even if it s Pokemon I tend to do that sooner or later
And sorry Im unable to get it repaired or test it on a classic GameBoy

I bougth this GBA on a Pawnshop so no wonder it s working like that
I think Im going to trade this one for classic gameboy(GBA Games work perfectly on it) when I get the chance

And thanks a lot for you advice
I will never blow into cartbridges again!

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can try to use some sand paper (300 or higher) to rub over the contacts to get them shiny again. About battletoads, if you can find someone with a eprom burner and the right adapters you can replace the eprom yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup