Hacking Please Help, I plugged my HDD into my pc now its saying I need to format.

fieryhellz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I grabbed my stepdads Wiiu which had all his stuff on and I played a good 4-5 hours on BOTW and then I thought, I think this is how I put games on plugged it into my pc saw that It didn't show up but when I plugged it back in it said I needed to format it. What the hell can I do since I'm not happy if I've lost my stepdads and my data...

xChidz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The WiiU hard drive is in a format that only a wii u can read so it will ask to format the drive on pc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fieryhellz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The WiiU hard drive is in a format that only a wii u can read so it will ask to format the drive on pc

Yes, but my point is I was playing games off the hard drive beforehand but after putting it into my pc the WiiU is asking me to format the hard drive.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's saying that because of the way the partition is formatted I would assume. My hard drive does the same thing; I have mine partitioned for Wbfs, NTFS, and Fat32 for different things, and every time I plug my hard drive into my laptop, it tells me the WBFS drive needs to be formatted to access it.

Meaning, it's likely you need to use a program to view and move files around on that partition. As long as you didn't click "format" when it told you to, you shouldn't have lost anything.

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like you format it with pc. Now you've lost everything and the wii u doesn't recognize it. So it asking you to format it for wii u use.

Reactions: WeedZ

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So I grabbed my stepdads Wiiu which had all his stuff on and I played a good 4-5 hours on BOTW and then I thought, I think this is how I put games on plugged it into my pc saw that It didn't show up but when I plugged it back in it said I needed to format it. What the hell can I do since I'm not happy if I've lost my stepdads and my data...
that's normal?
read the wii u manual.
the wii u has is own partition that the computer can't read.

edit: ho you mean you plugged into the pc, then you put in the WII U and the console is telling to format?
if that's the case extremly likely you did something in the pc that wiped out the wii u partition...

Last edited by migles,

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must have accidentally formatted the hard drive on the PC. All the data is gone. You will have to reinstall everything.

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

It's saying that because of the way the partition is formatted I would assume. My hard drive does the same thing; I have mine partitioned for Wbfs, NTFS, and Fat32 for different things, and every time I plug my hard drive into my laptop, it tells me the WBFS drive needs to be formatted to access it.

Meaning, it's likely you need to use a program to view and move files around on that partition. As long as you didn't click "format" when it told you to, you shouldn't have lost anything.
His wiiu wants to format it. He lost all the data when the pc attempted to recover the drive when it first discovered it.

It's boned

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr