PlayStation Plus membership cost to go up in Europe/Australia

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    This post has been removed due to the staff's corruption to money and other people.

Last edited by Vipera, Aug 13, 2017

2. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    if games are bought on sale with playstation plus, it locks you out until you renew your subscription. my point still stands

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

3. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    This post has been removed due to the staff's corruption to money and other people.

Last edited by Vipera, Aug 13, 2017
  4. Sketchy1

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    my point being that it locks you out for somethng you paid for.

thats like gamestop coming to my house and taking my battlefield cause i didnt renew my subscription to that power points shit :cry:

Last edited by Sketchy1, Jul 31, 2017
  5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    wut? Where did you hear that? Cuz it's definitely not true. The only games you lose access to when your PS+ expires are the "free" PS+ games, that's it. Anything you buy "on sale" stays.

6. Sketchy1

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    like 4 of mine got locked out, which is why i complained lol

7. mizorechan

mizorechan Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2014
    Brazil
    Bad move from Sony. More people from outside market (East Europe for example) moving to PC gaming to save money. Everyone knows people earn less money in East Europe in comparison with West Europe. Charging the same price is a bad idea.

8. WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2013
    Well I'm just stating what my experience has been for the most part. Personally, I live in a fairly country-like city which is by itself far away from any real servers, so lag is indeed a problem for me most of the time.

I've consistently noticed that the same games in console form, have better lag reduction than their PC counterparts/ports. This is obviously not the case for every game, almost all Source engine games for me work with very low lag even given my bad geographic position. But I do notice this problem on most games that have a console version. In fact there have been games that I have purchased for console (while owning the same game for pc) because of how bad the connection was on the computer, and sometimes, even the lack of features. Such was the case with Battlefield 3 for instance. The Xbox 360 version ran much better for me in both terms of frame rate and connection.

9. Sketchy1

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    but they save that money by paying the workers less.

in their eyes, worth

10. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Then you should have contacted customer service and have it fixed instead of complaining in a forum where a Sony rep will never see it.

I had my PS Plus sub expire a few times and I never got locked out of sale-bought games, only "free" ones, which are suposed to get locked.

Last edited by Tony_93, Aug 14, 2017
  11. Plomo

Plomo GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Down the street
    No, all the free ps+ games you get you cannot access once your membership expires.