PlayStation Now to Stream PS4 Games Soon

PS-Now-Lead.jpg

Not to let Xbox outdo them, Sony will be bringing PlayStation 4 games to their PlayStation Now service sometime this year. It's unknown what games will be available with this service, but Sony will be allowing certain PS Now subscribers to join in a private beta to test how PS4 games stream and perform. The service, at the time of writing, currently allows 483 games to be streamed to PlayStation 4s and PCs. If you remember, last month, Sony announced that PlayStation Now support would be shutting down for the Vita, PS3, and all previously compatible bluray players and TVs.

We’re excited to announce that PS Now’s catalog is set to grow even further, as we’ll be expanding to include a new platform: PlayStation 4 games. All of the games in the service, including PS4 games, will be included with a single PS Now subscription. We’ll share more information as we get closer to launch, so stay tuned.

In the next few weeks we’ll kick off a private test with PS4 games on PS Now. If you’re an active PS Now subscriber, keep an eye on your email in case you get an invitation

:arrow: Source

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh so now PC players can play PS4 exclusive games on PC with streaming? Sony giving PC people a reason to be happy.... for a fee. :creep:
@Chary i swear the only way this can get better is if PSP and PSvita maybe even ps1 and ps2 games can be streamed with this. It might actually be worth paying for. OH And if it supports PS4 PRO specs :P

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh so now PC players can play PS4 exclusive games on PC with streaming? Sony giving PC people a reason to be happy.... for a fee. :creep:
@Chary i swear the only way this can get better is if PSP and PSvita maybe even ps1 and ps2 games can be streamed with this. It might actually be worth paying for. OH And if it supports PS4 PRO specs :P
You never know, they might skip uncharted 4.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You never know, they might skip uncharted 4.
Well i dunno, to be honest, i think sony maybe made a bust on the ps4 pro and trying to make up money for it, and also killl the system at the same time. I don't mind the idea of console game streaming but having game exclsuive is the reason why people still buy the console in the first place. Having that taken away is like waving good bye or shoving a fork into the consumer hands. Is nice to be able to play everything on one console but i only assume unless the games they are making are goonna be not exclusive any more (God of war for Nintendo/xbox and pc) Then is just something i have to consider about them.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on the game selection. If it's all Sony-published games and a smattering of others, it would be an insane deal. But I don't think it will be that.

Also, it would be good if you could download and play locally on your PS4 the PS4 games, if you have PS Now, if you want to.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great news! Now I'll save money not buying the PS4. How would this affect the ps4 online features in the games, though? It's probably gonna be streamed with ps4 pro, but 4K streaming is gonna need quite the bandwidth.

D

Deleted User

Woah can't wait-----

inb4 all their good exclusives are not on there.

ALL I WANT IS YAKUZA 0

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me download the games and you have me as a customer. There's always slight delays and lag when playing a game that requires pinpoint precision, so PS Now was never a seller for me.

Either that or put all the PS1/2 games on it.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sony should release PS Now for Xbox One. Financially it makes the most sense, there'd be nothing but pride preventing them from doing that and I hardly think Microsoft would prevent them from doing it.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Nice, no need to buy a PS4 or even games to play the so called exclusives now. Playing these on PC with a Xbox One controller would be nice.
it is posible to play Sony games on a Microsoft OS with a Nintendo Controller?
Time to find out!
(20 minutes later)
Never mind, You must use a PS4 controller, HOW CURIOUS.....

Last edited by Xabring, , Reason: Time forward: It doesn't work.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes sense that ps4 controllers are required. Some ps4 games utilize the touchscreen. If it stuck to ps3 games, there would be much less reasons to not allow other controller types.

Reactions: Xabring

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: