Gaming Playstation 3 Region Free

Kamina84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But with all the comotion with Geohot and finding "the keys" (Sorry just found out about a little while ago.
tongue.gif
), it maybe to early but, is it possible for a custom firmware to remove region lock for PS1 and PS2 games ? Don't really care about the piracy aspect; however, I'd love to be able to play my imports on my 60 gig PS3.
biggrin.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kamina84 said:
But with all the comotion with Geohot and finding "the keys" (Sorry just found out about a little while ago.
tongue.gif
), it maybe to early but, is it possible for a custom firmware to remove region lock for PS1 and PS2 games ? Don't really care about the piracy aspect; however, I'd love to be able to play my imports on my 60 gig PS3.
biggrin.gif
Possibly. I don't think anyone has messed too much with the backwards compatibility yet. But my assumption would be there is an SPRX or two in the PS3 firmware responsible for PS2/PS1 emulation. It may be a case of simply patching it/them to ignore region settings. Alternatively, there must be a file somewhere on your PS3s flash (not in a firmware update) that defines the region of your PS3, and it may be possible to change it to another region, or even region free. Of course, this is blatant speculation on my part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol