Hacking PlaysStation 4 Pro 3.70 Zero Day Exploit

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Yeah supposedly people had stuff for pre-4.06 PS4s also but I'll believe it when I see it.

Ichigo1000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this be any good news to 3.50 regular ps4? Also, is there a way to update a ps4, but not to the latest firmware?

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, is there a way to update a ps4, but not to the latest firmware?

Should be as easy as downloading the update file, putting it on an USB thumb drive, entering recovery mode and installing it, just like on a PS3. To my knowledge, there is no 3.70 update file available though, it should only be available as pre-installed on PS4 Pro's.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a hack demoed at a recent convention and patched by Sony in the 4.06 update. It was thought the 4.05 update was pushed to combat it but turns out it will still work up to that version. At least according to certain sites. Either way I don't doubt the ps4 will be seeing a public release soon since the kexploit was burned in that demo

Ichigo1000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be as easy as downloading the update file, putting it on an USB thumb drive, entering recovery mode and installing it, just like on a PS3. To my knowledge, there is no 3.70 update file available though, it should only be available as pre-installed on PS4 Pro's.
How about predownloaded updates? I see tons of update notifications from older firmwares along with the 4.06 one.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has it been established yet if this potential exploit is purely for the pro model ? or will it be relevant for us normal fat ps4 owners ?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd assume it was found on the fat/slim and tested on the pro the day it came out. So I'm almost sure it works for the whole family of ps4 devices. However I'm more interested in how far up the exploit actually works. Likely 4.05 is the highest working one but that's assuming its the same hack used in the 4.01 jailbreak demo.. I doubt they would release an alternate hack since that ones already burned.

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd assume it was found on the fat/slim and tested on the pro the day it came out. So I'm almost sure it works for the whole family of ps4 devices. However I'm more interested in how far up the exploit actually works. Likely 4.05 is the highest working one but that's assuming its the same hack used in the 4.01 jailbreak demo.. I doubt they would release an alternate hack since that ones already burned.

thanks for the opinion... I guess I will stay on 2. whatever it is until something happens, one day, maybe :)

D

Deleted User

All I want from a ps4 jailbreak are nexus mods for skyrim since $ony are keeping there customers away from external assets.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them