Gaming Playing "unsupported" PSP games on Vita without PS3?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I hear all these awesome stories of people playing all these awesome PSP games with dual analog controls and stuff like that, but the Vita's list of "officially supported" PSP times is despicable. No Peace Walker, no God Eater, no Syphon Filter, no Coded Arms, no nothing. So I heard people do this by buying the game through their PS3 and just transferring it to the Vita.

...But I don't have a PS3. I only have my PSP Go, my Vita, and my PC. Is there anyway to get access to these quality games with what I have, or do I need a PS3 or to sit patiently and wait for their list to expand?

All help is appreciated. Worst case scenario, I have a friend with a PS3 that's rather unused, I'll just go to his house one day and use that for a few purchases.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Use your PSP Go?
Purchase on PSP Go, download from PSV.

If that doesn't work, downloading from PS3 is your only option.

Edit: Supposedly there is a firmware update coming in April. Maybe this will fix it.

Reactions: cvskid

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use your PSP Go?
Purchase on PSP Go, download from PSV.

If that doesn't work, downloading from PS3 is your only option.

Edit: Supposedly there is a firmware update coming in April. Maybe this will fix it.

I honestly don't want to risk purchasing a game I won't even play. I guess I could play it on my Go but I could just pirate it and I probably won't be touching my Go for a good long time with a Vita in hand.

I guess I'll wait for the April update unless there's confirmation on this method.

Oh, and side question, why does Sony's store list Monster Hunter Freedom Unite as $10 as a "Greatest Hit" on their online (meaning browser) store but it's $20 on the PSN Store on the Vita?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
My friend purchased Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and Disgaea from his PSP and he was able to download it from his Vita.
(All games, PSP and even PS3 show up on the Vita download list)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend purchased Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and Disgaea from his PSP and he was able to download it from his Vita.
(All games, PSP and even PS3 show up on the Vita download list)

Alright, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

I'm guessing whatever game I purchase will become officially supported eventually so it's just a matter of patience if things go wrong.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
So I hear all these awesome stories of people playing all these awesome PSP games with dual analog controls and stuff like that, but the Vita's list of "officially supported" PSP times is despicable. No Peace Walker, no God Eater, no Syphon Filter, no Coded Arms, no nothing. So I heard people do this by buying the game through their PS3 and just transferring it to the Vita.

...But I don't have a PS3. I only have my PSP Go, my Vita, and my PC. Is there anyway to get access to these quality games with what I have, or do I need a PS3 or to sit patiently and wait for their list to expand?

All help is appreciated. Worst case scenario, I have a friend with a PS3 that's rather unused, I'll just go to his house one day and use that for a few purchases.

PSP times? Surely you mean titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night