Homebrew Playing SNES on DS with my G6 Real DS

Jakoozie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi. I recently bought a g6 real DS. But, as I am completely new to this world, I need some guidance on how and where to get information. Basically, what I want to do is play my old and long gone SNES (and NES, if possible) games on my NDS. I would also like to watch movies and listen to music, but that isn't as important. Long term, I want to get in to other branches of homebrew as well, but I'll start with the games.

I found a guide online (here) and tried to follow it, but found it insufficient and lacking in explanation. What should I do with my NDS files after I made them, and how do I make SNES games NDS files? I tried the SnesDS emulator, but that only makes the roms into .GBA files....

So what do I do? I though I'd follow the steps in this guide , to "intialize" or "install" my G6.
But I don't know if it's the right steps, as it talks about g6 flash and mine is called g6 real. Should I do what this guide says?

Thanks!

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES emulation is currently lackluster on the DS. The best SNES emulator is snemulds http://www.snemul.com/ds/

It uses tech called DLDI, and the G6 has auto DLDI patching, so just unpack the .nds to your cart and SNES rom over and try to play them. There are some other instructions you'll need to follow in the readme.

NESDS is nearly perfect for NES emulation, just get the latest version of that and stick your NES roms anywhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.