Homebrew Playing original games on softmodded Wii causes brick?

knighTeen87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I have a softmodded Wii with latest update and playing games from my usb. But yesterday I bought a licenced original copy of Boom Street (Fortune Street) and in the game manual, it says that it will check system update and can cause brick. I don't have any internet connection on my Wii but is it possible?

Thank you!

D

Deleted User

i doubt it will brick. Even if it would you can use bootmii to restore your console anytime if you got bootmii in boot 2 (not ios)

In addition: I never heard about a bricking unit because of a game. if the language / region of your game is different from that of your console it COULD install some strange addons. I - as an example - bought the ntsc version of smash bros while using a pal console. it installed some basic channels (weather .. news... etc) so i had them 2 times. but a brick never occured.

I'd say just play it. if it asks you to update the console maybe you should start the game using neogamma backup launcher (it can boot originals too... and skips update!)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If your Wii is sofmodded properly, it should have ( idealy ) an Priiloader installment on it.
In the Priiloader settings, you can enable your Wii to never update from disc or Internet.
FYI if you are on 4.3 system menu, you should not need any update.
In general, if a game tries to update any ios, it only tries to update your ios 249, and 250 slots replacing them for stub ioses.
IN that regard the update is ONLY a piracy measure.
Also if you are on the latest Homebrewchannel, you can just re0 install the stubbed ones for any Cios as the HBC will not be deleted if it is up to date.

If you are unsure, PM me.

knighTeen87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your Wii is sofmodded properly, it should have ( idealy ) an Priiloader installment on it.
In the Priiloader settings, you can enable your Wii to never update from disc or Internet.
FYI if you are on 4.3 system menu, you should not need any update.
In general, if a game tries to update any ios, it only tries to update your ios 249, and 250 slots replacing them for stub ioses.
IN that regard the update is ONLY a piracy measure.
Also if you are on the latest Homebrewchannel, you can just re0 install the stubbed ones for any Cios as the HBC will not be deleted if it is up to date.

If you are unsure, PM me.

Yes I have Priiloadaer and I think I enabled my Wii to never update from disc or Internet. And yes, I'm on 4.3 :)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes I have Priiloadaer and I think I enabled my Wii to never update from disc or Internet. And yes, I'm on 4.3 :)

If Block disc update is enabled in Priiloader, the game should not ask you to perform an update.
In other words check you Priiloader settings.
In either case updating from disc should only lead to loosing cIOS ( wich can easily be reinstalled ).
ONLY if you perform an update from a retail disc of different region than your Wii, can cause a semi-brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: