Teclo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
I have a GCM file, I know I could burn it and play it that way but I play all my Wii games off my external hard drive. WBFS Manager doesn't "see" the GCM file, so is there any way I can play it without burning it to disc? Also, as a bonus question, Brawl seems to crash during videos. It takes a while for it to crash on the opening video (so you can skip it, fortunately) but when I tried to play a video from the menu, it instantly crashed. It seemed to be an in-game crash rather than anything to do with the hacked files - the crash screen looked like the sort of thing you'd get if the disc was unreadable in an unhacked Wii.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, USB devices are not accessible when wii is in GC mode

For Brawl, what IOS are you using, if rev 14 is installed, revert back to rev 13 and try again as rev 14 breaks DL support

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Teclo said:
I have a GCM file, I know I could burn it and play it that way but I play all my Wii games off my external hard drive. WBFS Manager doesn't "see" the GCM file, so is there any way I can play it without burning it to disc? Also, as a bonus question, Brawl seems to crash during videos. It takes a while for it to crash on the opening video (so you can skip it, fortunately) but when I tried to play a video from the menu, it instantly crashed. It seemed to be an in-game crash rather than anything to do with the hacked files - the crash screen looked like the sort of thing you'd get if the disc was unreadable in an unhacked Wii.

WBFS can read nothing but Wii games, even if you could store GC games on a hard drive, the Wii would not be able to play it because when the Wii plays a gamecube game, it basically turns into a gamecube, i.e. no access to usb/sd ports. So no you cannot play GC games from anything but a disc and likely won't be able to for quite a while if at all. You CAN however burn multiple GC games onto one disc.

As for the Brawl issue, if you have cIOS rev14 installed, that's likely the issue. Rev14 breaks dual layer game support, so if you go into any part of a dual layered game that starts trying to read off of the second layer, it will crash. In Brawls case I believe this would happen during the subspace emissary/certain other videos. You should still be able to play normal vs matches and wifi matches fine. Currently, Brawl and Metroid Prime Trilogy are the only two games that are dual layered.

Teclo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick replies. Well a couple more questions, then:
Is there a lot of messing around to get it back to r13 or can I just overwrite one file with another?
What would I be losing if I downgraded to r13, if anything?
Do you happen to know what's on the 2nd layer of Metroid Prime Trilogy, e.g. the third game?

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just run the rev13 installer, it will overwrite rev14. Rev 13 cannot run 2 games after each other, so you have to reset the wii after every game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: