Hacking Playing Gateway Online

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm a bit confused on playing Roms online through gateway.

I have a MBP which stores most of my gateway roms.

1. Which programs do I need to use?
2. Where do I get headers to inject?
3. Do I need to use emunand?
4. Can I download DLC for games like fire emblem awakening using the online functionality?
5. Can I play animal crossing online starting a new save?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
do you have any retail games that you can dump yourself? if so, you should just use the header from that, you can extract it.
if by mbp you mean macbookpro, lol, you don't need to be that specific, but on mac you can run gateway rom patcher 0.6 but running it through winebottler, since it's windows only.
it works fine that way, i used it a few times today. it beats loading up my windows virtual system just for that one program :)

you can use dlc, you can download anything from the eshop and it will work in gateway, apart from gba virtual console games.
use emunand yes, otherwise you will not have eshop access, you will want access to game updates etc etc, also have an emunand on the latest version lets you play ALL games, which is not possible without the latest fw version.

yeah you can play animal crossing like that, no reason why not. enjoy

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I can buy a retail cart. Can I then use that header for all my games I've downloaded?

Yeah macbook pro. I do have a gaming windows PC too so I guess I'll patch everything through that for now.

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I can buy a retail cart. Can I then use that header for all my games I've downloaded?

Yeah macbook pro. I do have a gaming windows PC too so I guess I'll patch everything through that for now.

For the most part, but sometimes the headers wont work, so its just a try until u succeed kind of deal

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the process is very simple
First, get Gateway ROM Patcher.
Then, dump a game you have using Gateway launcher.
Now you open 2 instances of the patcher. In one you open your dumped ROM and in the other you open your 'other' ROM.

nRa57Bo.png

Look at the 'Custom Header' area.
Copy the values in Cart ID and Chip ID from your dumped rom to the other one then hit 'Inject' in the second one's window.

Note: As soon as you hit 'Inject' it may warn you about it correcting the Chip ID to reflect the proper size. Clicking 'OK' is not enough, you have to hit 'Inject' one more time to apply that fix.

Now you have to change the extension of your online-ready ROM to .3dz

darkhalf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually you can open the game (that has the header you want to use for online) in the game patcher and then export. It will place a file on your computer. Do this for each game where you would like to extract the header.

Once you have your headers, you only need to open the game you want to patch and then inject (it will ask you which file to inject -- pick the one you want) and you are good to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.