Hardware Playing a demo unit concerned me...

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played a demo unit at a (oddly enough) Target store, and frankly, I had some concerns about it.
1 - How do you personaly store the pad controller? Face up and it can gather dust and other gunk all over the screen, but face down and the analog sticks would be forced in a direction all the time, which is bad for it.
2 - The screen itself felt.... cheap. It felt significantly less strong than my Xperia Play. Has anyone had an issue with screen damage from finger pressing yet?
3 - The only Demo was Rayman Legends, which was fun, but How easy it is to control a fully-3d fast action game? Darksiders 2 and the like. It seems like the shape of the controller would be a hassle.

I had some others, but frankly forgot them. I'll add them once/if I remember.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The demo unit I played on had been used by an idiot 8 year old, who smashed the tablet screen with his hand. The tablet controller did not function after that, but I did press on the screen a few times. It didn't feel cheap to me. It's not iPad touchscreen quality, but it's pretty decent.

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Deluxe console kit comes with a normal stand and a charging dock that allow you to store the GamePad in an upright position so that the sides are almost perpendicular with the surface it's resting on, and the screen doesn't face out sideways, so it can't gather much dust on the screen itself, only the top of the GamePad. This is how I store mine.

I don't have any complaints about the screen. It doesn't feel especially high or low quality. I never really thought to gauge it. The screen hasn't been even remotely damaged yet.

I don't have any fast-paced action games, but rest assured, the GamePad actually feels good in the hands. It doesn't feel like a burden in the slightest for me. It feels much better when it's not attached to a demo display, as well. Being able to move freely with the controller adds a lot to the comfort factor.

Reactions: Wizerzak

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my sixyearold has had No problems being a six yearold with it whatsoever. Screen passed her playing Ninja stars and such i am more worried it lacks anyform of wrist strap than that The screen will be pressed to hard. what with all the moving of the tablet for racing and crash course and the like, i expect droppage especially of such a large item to be a common problem.

Would sure be nice to see Someone do some drop tests like they do for Mobile phones and tablets with the Gamepad.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1: Dust maybe...don't fap near it and it wont collect 'other gunk'. I just leave it on its charging dock (plugged in or not). Doesn't exactly collect dust at a hyper-accelerated speed, so it's not much of a problem.
2: Cheap? I never noticed. Felt fine to me. Seemed to hold up quite well when I used it, and I can sometimes be a little rough with poor touchscreens.
3: The controller is surprisingly comfortable...considering it's a bloody tablet. There is the xbox360u controller...or whatever the hell THEY call it, for more actiony games that don't need the tablet though. So that's not a concern.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/